Main Menu

Favourite Prog Scenes Or Quotes

Started by Kanoobi, 07 October, 2012, 04:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

As I'd mentioned elsewhere...

LARAAAAAA!!!

Oh and the witch-dunking scene at the end of the first ep. of Nemesis, which adorns my wall  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Zanti Misfit

Why are we not going faster, Brother Gomorrah?"

"A - Er- slight technical hitch, Brother Morgar... Brother Solom has been using poor quality nutty slag in the furnace - but we are picking up speed now."

"We had better, or Brother Solom himself will be providing fuel for the furnace!"

Great dialogue like this is one of the many reasons why The Cursed Earth is soooo good!

Richmond Clements

Best moment in comics ever (as others have mentioned): "Because I hate you." Still gives me the chills.

From Sin City/Satan's Island: "You've been misinformed."

"Do you like dogs, Thomas?"
"No."

"The city will pay."

"Spectacularly."

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Henry Flint has produced some of the most thrill-packed pages in recent memory. One of his greatest was the page from Total War, where the bomb goes off. No words, now sound effects. It's absolutely stunning.

Another classic:

I love the way everything he says is underlined by his baton. Genius.

I got the images from the Daily Dredd Tumblr, so cheers to whoever runs that. Great site, I could spend hours scrolling that top to bottom and back up again.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pops1983 on 17 October, 2012, 08:03:51 PM
Henry Flint has produced some of the most thrill-packed pages in recent memory. One of his greatest was the page from Total War, where the bomb goes off. No words, now sound effects. It's absolutely stunning.

Another classic:

I love the way everything he says is underlined by his baton. Genius.

I got the images from the Daily Dredd Tumblr, so cheers to whoever runs that. Great site, I could spend hours scrolling that top to bottom and back up again.

"Condidates"?

Spikes

From the Cursed Earth - the war droids erupting from the ground, and from the 2nd episode, that DPS of the Landraider and the Killdozer being tested. Just superb.

But one that always makes me smile is from Judge Death lives, were the citizens of Billy Carter block run towards, and are, en masse, burnt to a crisp on the Dark Judges shield. The Judges in attendance are reacting like headless chickens and Dredd just stands there, unmoving for two panels!

ming

Yeah, I love that scene - and it's a particular favourite as it's from the Cursed Earth page I have...

There are far too many favourite moments and lines to keep track of really, but I'm extremely lucky to have a few pages featuring some of my others.  I love the art, but it's often the dialogue that takes this stuff to another level...

Flip Marlowe in The Big Sleep:
I walked into that one.  Three slugs in me, and all for a routine bone job.  I knew it was gonna be a bad day.

But it wasn't just the day.  Somethin' else was bad - this whole job!

Louie had been waiting for me - waiting to give me the big sleep.  Why?  How did he know I was coming?  Who'd tipped him off?

I was dying.  I knew it.  But before I went I was going to get some answers.

Dialogue as Construction Droids lower Tony Tubbs from his hab-block at the start of Magnificent Obsession:
Droid: Okay, hook him on.
TT: Very sorry to put you to all this trouble.
Droid: Don't worry about it, fatso.
Droid: Lot worse easy to spend the days than shiftin' blubber.
(I'm a sucker for robot humour)

Nemesis the Warlock: Torquemurder
Torquemada: You're breaking the laws of time!  Uuurgh!
Nemesis: That's not all I'm going to break!
Hammerstein:Wait!  I want to kill him for turning me into a living bomb!
Purity: No! I want to kill him for what he did to my father!
Mek-Quake: No! I want to kill him for what he did to my mother!
Torquemada: ?
Torquemada: I've never even met your mother!  I didn't know you had one!
Mek-Quake: I don't.  I made her up.
Mek-Quake: You see, now Mek-Quake is a hero, he needs an excuse for his nauseating acts of sickening violence...
Mek-Quake: The squeezing... The ripping... The... Hurrr! *GROAN!* ...Disembowelling!
Torquemada: Aaah!

Slaine the King:
The power of the earth goddess surged through him...

And those of us who have made a special study of Slaine's magical furies I think would agree...

It was a particularly fine warp spasm!

Slaine: Pleasant to me the whistle of my thirst-maddened axe...

:)

Dandontdare

That democracy speech has reminded me of another favourite Dredd quote on the subject:

"When some creep's holding a laz-knife to your throat, who do you want to see riding up - your elected representative, or ME?"

Zanti Misfit

Quote from: ming on 18 October, 2012, 12:35:46 PM
Yeah, I love that scene - and it's a particular favourite as it's from the Cursed Earth page I have...

There are far too many favourite moments and lines to keep track of really, but I'm extremely lucky to have a few pages featuring some of my others.  I love the art, but it's often the dialogue that takes this stuff to another level...

Flip Marlowe in The Big Sleep:
I walked into that one.  Three slugs in me, and all for a routine bone job.  I knew it was gonna be a bad day.

But it wasn't just the day.  Somethin' else was bad - this whole job!

Louie had been waiting for me - waiting to give me the big sleep.  Why?  How did he know I was coming?  Who'd tipped him off?

I was dying.  I knew it.  But before I went I was going to get some answers.

Dialogue as Construction Droids lower Tony Tubbs from his hab-block at the start of Magnificent Obsession:
Droid: Okay, hook him on.
TT: Very sorry to put you to all this trouble.
Droid: Don't worry about it, fatso.
Droid: Lot worse easy to spend the days than shiftin' blubber.
(I'm a sucker for robot humour)

Nemesis the Warlock: Torquemurder
Torquemada: You're breaking the laws of time!  Uuurgh!
Nemesis: That's not all I'm going to break!
Hammerstein:Wait!  I want to kill him for turning me into a living bomb!
Purity: No! I want to kill him for what he did to my father!
Mek-Quake: No! I want to kill him for what he did to my mother!
Torquemada: ?
Torquemada: I've never even met your mother!  I didn't know you had one!
Mek-Quake: I don't.  I made her up.
Mek-Quake: You see, now Mek-Quake is a hero, he needs an excuse for his nauseating acts of sickening violence...
Mek-Quake: The squeezing... The ripping... The... Hurrr! *GROAN!* ...Disembowelling!
Torquemada: Aaah!

Slaine the King:
The power of the earth goddess surged through him...

And those of us who have made a special study of Slaine's magical furies I think would agree...

It was a particularly fine warp spasm!

Slaine: Pleasant to me the whistle of my thirst-maddened axe...

:)

Many thanks ming, love that!!

Emp

A simple exchange from the Dredd story Condo,

Dredd: I want to see Rowan Roxborough.

Secretary: Do you have an appointment Judge?

Dredd : Do you have a desire to spend time in an Iso-cube for obstruction?

Zanti Misfit

Necropolis Part 13:

"He don't say nothin' no more. Sisters got into him. I think he's going to die. Ain't that right honey? You're
gonna die, aintcha?"

Sad, grim but very funny.

hippynumber1

@ Zanti Misfit - off thread I know but that is one cool avatar! That needs to be a t-shirt or a tattoo!

Zanti Misfit

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 October, 2012, 08:14:35 PM
@ Zanti Misfit - off thread I know but that is one cool avatar! That needs to be a t-shirt or a tattoo!

hippynumber1 - Many thanks - much appreciated.  I knocked it together on the basic PC Paint package years ago, at work when I was bored.  Found it again recently. Really glad you like it, though. :) 

And sticking with the Warlock:
"Look, if it's all the same to you two, I think I'd rather torture myself"

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 October, 2012, 08:14:35 PM

Seconded. Excellent design