Main Menu

Hammer DVDs

Started by satchmo, 12 February, 2009, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I remember I wasn't supposed to watch Hammer House of Horror , but usually managed to - The only bits I can recall was the house where blood came out of the taps and a naked woman taking off her raincoat in a phone box. Funny how those bits stick in my mind! :oops:

I much preferred the Amicus anthology films, but it's Hammer all the way for the classics - Dracula and Frankenstein!

satchmo

The House Where Blood Dripped Out of The Taps  :D
That one is on the itv player, there's about 12 episodes on there to watch online.
Goaty- Dracula is another one I've had to get as a region one, but it was only a couple of quid.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "satchmo"The House Where Blood Dripped Out of The Taps  :D
That one is on the itv player, there's about 12 episodes on there to watch online.
Goaty- Dracula is another one I've had to get as a region one, but it was only a couple of quid.
Are you sure? - I've just had a look at ITV player and can't find any of it!(though I might watch Spitting Image, Press gang and Metal Mickey again!)

satchmo

It's actually called The House That Bled To Death but I liked your version better  :D

There are 15 episodes on there currently, it's the sixth one down.

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Programmes ... ilter=1975

Dandontdare

Hmm very weird - you link works fine (cheers!), but if I start at the ITV.com homepage I can't find my way back to it for love nor money! I've found alphabetical lists of programmes, used the search function etc and found nothing - yet it clearly exists. Chalk another up to my technical incompetence perhaps. (the main results when I searched for "Hammer" was that woman who threatened Jade Goody with a hammer in hospital!)

Dark Jimbo

On a related note, I watched Amicus' Asylum for the first time a few nights ago.

Joy, joy, happy joy. What a superb little film it is. Those bloody [spoiler:7j4ei0cq]creepy little dolls[/spoiler:7j4ei0cq] are going to stay in the memory for some time. And Geoffery Bayldon is aces. :)
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

Quote from: "satchmo"It's actually called The House That Bled To Death but I liked your version better  :D ) The gore-soaked kiddies party is a classic scene!  And I knew they were clearly wrong'uns when the nurse revealed that they (gasp) "weren't even married!"

Now can anyone remember which episode featured the nuddy phone-box bird?

EDIT: Don't worry, found it!It's "rude awakening" (ooerr, missus)