Main Menu

2000AD Southern Contingent Gathering at The Fox: Excel (LSCC) Sat 14th Mar 2015

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 05 January, 2015, 11:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Slight change to our normal gathering this time!

Seeing as LSCC is on around the date that we would've had our gathering, it was mooted to combine the two. This doesn't mean that you have to go to the convention, far from it. This means that Dredd/2000 AD fans who go to these can also meet up with the forum members who don't.

As per the norm, the event is now up on our facebook page and has a drinking start time of 17:00 on Saturday the 14th of March in The Fox. This is just outside the actual Excel centre and where everyone goes afterwards, so it'll be crammed later. Obviously you can start drinking earlier but I put that time up as us nutters who will be on patrol will be binning it around then and getting cleaned up before wandering across.

Dunk!

Good call on combining these events.

Now do I book a hotel room or a berth on a ship anchored in the dock?

*Captain Pugwash theme here*

Dunk!
"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

Excellent!
Looks like there should be quite a substantial turnout again :thumbsup:

DaveGYNWA

Will try to pop in for a beer - heading up to the con with the wife and kids, so we'll see how the sprogs are feeling after the events of the day before deciding on a beer.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

sheridan

El Chivo

SuperSurfer

Quote from: El Chivo on 01 February, 2015, 10:46:40 PM
Sweet!
U guys going to the Con too?
I've got a Saturday ticket

Chi
I'll go to the Con. I'll wait to see if there are any interesting panels before I decide on a Saturday only or weekend ticket.

COMMANDO FORCES

DaveGYNWA

The sprogs have decided on their outfits - Alice (4) will be Princess Leia (as you meet her in episode 4) and Erin (6) will be Gamora. It has not taken any pushing from us at all for them to decide on this.

We've bred geeks.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Steve Green

Henry Flint has said that he will be bringing artwork down to sell to fund his laptop addiction after his old one went bad.

COMMANDO FORCES

Mardroid

Just ordered a ticket to the Saturday LSCC. And up for meeting later. (Actally I'd have probably gone to the Southern Contingent meet-up anyway. And since I've never been to a comic con before I figure... why not do both.)

Bit of trepidation though. Not entirely sure what I'll do there. (The Comic Con, not the gathering. I know what to do THERE.... hello friends, hello beer, ....) Sounds like a silly thing to say, I'm just thinking... it'll be so BIG!

Looking forward to it, though...