Main Menu

Can anyone tell me...

Started by Mattofthespurs, 01 August, 2007, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

What the vehicles that Dredd used in "The Cursed Earth" were called in real life.

By 'real life' I mean you used to be able to buy them as toys before they were featured in the pages of 2000 AD but I cant remember the name of them.

I could go and look through all my old progs for the answer but that would involve a lot of de-bagging...

Anyone out there to save me from the dreaded de-bagging...

Ta.

johnnystress

This should answer any questions Matt

Link: http://www.vortx-productions.co.uk/a2000_k2001.html" target="_blank">Toys

Mattofthespurs

Fantastic!

Thanks a million Johnnystress.

That had been bugging me for days.

If only I wasn't so lazy.

Cheers mate.

TordelBack

Cool site.  I now realise that I was the pre-teen owner of a K2004 Rocket Striker, which was for several years my Favourite Toy in the World.  The simple mechanism whereby the missile hatches flopped open to either side and the spring-loaded launcher popped up was a joy that I can remember like it was 5 minutes ago.  The missiles made remarkably good miniature spaceships too.

Leigh S

The K2004s make good Pat Wagons too...

DavidXBrunt

December gone BBC 7 broadcast a series of 8 50 minute Doctor Who plays with Paul McGann in the lead and Sheriden Smith as the plucky sidekick. Since then there's been some re-arrangement at Big Finish Towers and McGann is no longer part of the monthly Who release range and is going to get an eight part series every year in the same format.

When they announced that news they also released the names of the writers responsible for seven of next years McGann stories and they were the usual Big Finish suspects, including my favourite slumming literary enfant terible Paul Magrs. The final name was kept secret. Maybe it was contractual, maybe it wasn't certain, maybe it was being held back so there would be some interesting news to co-incide with todays website relaunch.

That final name, writing Dead London (which sounds pretty much like an alternate Earth post apocalyptic scenario to me is none other than Doctor Who Weekly comic strip scribe Pat Mills.

Which makes me smile a hell of a lot, really.

Pat could do wonders with the concept and if it's a fraction as good as his Who comics then we're in for a treat. I was thinking a while back that it's a surprise that neither he Alan Grant or John Wagner have been tapped as script writers. Big Finish was thinking along similar lines, clearly. It's scary how often they tap my brain.