2. City of the Damned
3. Mechanismo

Funt Solo

1st: Mechanismo
2nd: City of the Damned
3rd: Judgement Day
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Of those, only Sin City is nipping the heels of my previous three, and more due to Kev Walkers art than anything, so

1: Mechanismo
2: City of the Damned
3: Chief Judges Man

it remains!

Rogue Judge

I'm changing my vote! Didn't see Judgement Day prior to my first vote.

1. Mechanismo
2. Judgement Day
3. City of the Damned

I enjoy Judgement Day probably much more than I should, but it really is pure insane fun and is full of (mostly) amazing art. Singing zombies aside, I love seeing Alpha and Dredd fighting together against the hordes of undead. The first time I read it (in the case files) I realized how much fun I was having and was sending pictures of my favorite panels to my brother (encouraging him to read Dredd too)

Dark Jimbo

Mechanismo just about hangs on to the top spot. It still has the most legacy of probably any story here, and it's hard to beat Wagner writing robots! Show's over, Crazyface!
Newbie Sin City can't quite supplant my beloved Wagnerbots, but damn if it wasn't close. I adore this story - think it was one of (or the?) first Dredd epic I read, and was the one to beat for a long time.
And Chief Judge's Man surprises me by clingin' on in there for at least one more round. Less epic than many of the others, but that's about the worst you can say of it. Just a solid Wagner thriller.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

1) Mechanismo
2) Sin City
3) City of the Damned

sintec

• Mechanismo
  • Doomsday
  • Chief Judges Man

Uninspiring new contenders; of the 4 on offer I've not read two and can't remember one. So my top two spots are remaining unchanged from last time and Chief Judges Man is sneaking back onto my list.

DrJomster

Not a massive fan of the new four contenders, so....

1. Mechanismo
2. City of the Damned
3. The Chief Judge's Man
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 04 March, 2021, 04:28:26 PM
I enjoy Judgement Day probably much more than I should, but it really is pure insane fun and is full of (mostly) amazing art. Singing zombies aside, I love seeing Alpha and Dredd fighting together against the hordes of undead. The first time I read it (in the case files) I realized how much fun I was having and was sending pictures of my favorite panels to my brother (encouraging him to read Dredd too)

This. It's got some great beats that you can enjoy alongside the camp spectacle. Even The Apocalypse War had that silly conga dance - so it's not like the story itself didn't descend into farce at times, long before Ennis dipped his toe in the pond.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

WhizzBang

1. Mechanisms
2. Chief Judges Man
3. City of the Damned

Magnetica

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 March, 2021, 08:45:17 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 04 March, 2021, 08:20:49 AM
Hmmmm this is getting a bit harder as some strips I don't really remember enter the fray.

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 04 March, 2021, 08:24:23 AM
... haven't read or can't remember much about the other additions to the list.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but if you click the names of the epics in Colin's first post, you can go to Alex's blog and read all about them - might jog the memory a bit.

Sorry, I should have been clearer and said "despite reading Alex's excellence sumaries, there are some thrills I still don't remember, where as others I have no problem remembering. Some because they were great, some because they were poor. It's the average ones on the middle I struggle remember."

Or something like that.

Rogue Judge

Glad I'm not alone in my appreciation of Judgement Day Funt. If you like zombie action, look no further!

Funt Solo

"Bullet seems to work." - Ennis doing great laconic Dredd.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

Last call for Round 4. Closing in the morning for our weekend break from all this. Votes on the last day have had a significent impact so far so get your votes in today and we'll see how things line. This one seems to be stirring up some real movement.