Main Menu

Predictions

Started by zombemybabynow, 08 April, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

besides Dredd becoming Cheif judge,

I reckon, Maybe's robot will eventually kill pj and take over as him, having gotten the taste for murder?!
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

locustsofdeath!

PJ becomes Chief Judge! He IS Sinfield!

TordelBack

My money's on Roffman.  He'd make the zooms run on time.

Mikey

How about Beeny? I reckon at least council of five.

And I do think Inga will play a significant role - she was holding a copy of 'Rossum's Universal Robots' last week, and in on the machinations this week.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

radiator

QuoteDredd becoming Cheif judge

I doubt it. My money would be on Hershey coming back once Sinfield has been dealt with.

QuoteMaybe's robot will eventually kill pj and take over as him, having gotten the taste for murder?!

I would hope that PJ will live to fight another day.

QuoteHow about Beeny? I reckon at least council of five

Nah - she's not long out of the academy, probably won't even make senior judge for a few years yet. In the long term, I reckon she's destined for big things, providing she lives that long.

Colin YNWA

I think there's a story to be had with Dredd becoming Chief Judge but things would have to be in a pretty extreme position for him to do so as he's fully aware that its something he wouldn't enjoy and I don't think he thinks he'd be good at it as the frustration would overwhelm him.

There for me is what makes it a potentially interesting story. Dredd from being and knowing he is the best of the best to being a position when he's awash with self doubt, not about the ethics of what he does but the ability he has to do it. Though of course the questions he has over the system itself would be exaggerated in these circumstances.

The trouble is it has pretty limited life span (though in Wagner's hands that might be a sily thing to say he'll see places to take it I'm missing by a country mile!) of being interesting and may get you down a bit of a deadend. 'Cos lets face it were exactly do you go from there?

(Edit: Mind this to add is this just an extension of what was covered in 'The Pit' anyway and so it wouldn't be covering anything new?)

One thing that does intrigue is how completely Hershey has been removed from the map for the time being. Has she been mothballed for a safe return when all this has blown over (or up in people faces, come to think of it) or has her part in all this just not been reached yet?

Mikey

Quote from: radiator on 08 April, 2010, 01:36:02 PM
QuoteNah - she's not long out of the academy, probably won't even make senior judge for a few years yet. In the long term, I reckon she's destined for big things, providing she lives that long.

But Dredd favours her; in any interim measures following whatever is going to happen to the current senior Judges, I could see Amy taking a big responsibility.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JOE SOAP

Beeny? Not a chance, I think there's a bigger storyline for her in the future before that happens. It's an elected position and I don't see the other judges voting for her.

The Enigmatic Dr X

There will be no Chief Judge.

When Sinfield dies or is overthrown the office is vacated. That means there must be an election. However, Dredd uses his influence to make sure(or circumstances dicatate) that this is not an election among the judges.

Dredd thinks that the system is corrupt as the judges do not answer to the citizens. He feels the judges have become too self serving and unaccountable. He sees them as a necessary Orwellian nightmare and wants to address this while preserving order. Therefore, acting on Fargo's final instructions, he is instrumental in having the chief judge's office combined with/replaced by that of city mayor. This is touted as giving control back to the people, doing away with all the power in the judges hands.

Result: Dredd back on the beat, and PJ Maybe (Ambrose) running the whole city.
Lock up your spoons!

Kev Levell

*Ahem*

I
Predict
A
Riot

Eyethangewe!

Bu-dum-tish

Nodders

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 April, 2010, 01:08:43 PM
PJ becomes Chief Judge! He IS Sinfield!

This.  Somehow I have a feeling that PJ is going to end up as Chief Judge - another body transplant?

Dark Jimbo

I'm thinking some variation on Dr X's prediction. The whole Hershey/Francisco/Sinfield/Cardew farago has left the position of CJ looking rather shaky what with all the bums in and out of that seat in the last year and so many jockeying for the topspot. Ultimately I forsee a change or two to Justice Department's set-up, perhaps with power ceded to the Council and no one leader raised above them.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 April, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
One thing that does intrigue is how completely Hershey has been removed from the map for the time being. Has she been mothballed for a safe return when all this has blown over (or up in people faces, come to think of it) or has her part in all this just not been reached yet?
I'm telling you, she's going to meet up with Dolman somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and get it on.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

PJ will get jealous and hunt Dolman down.

O Lucky Stevie!

The next CJ will be Roger's Mum.

Dredd will be reformated as a photo-strip.

Letter of the Week will earn you an on-camera session with the Chief Judge.    

* actually, Stevie's with Tordelback on this. I've said it before, & I still maintain, that in plot generation terms Roffman would make a cracking Chief Judge.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"