Main Menu

Predictions

Started by zombemybabynow, 08 April, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 April, 2010, 09:12:27 PM

When Sinfield dies or is overthrown the office is vacated. That means there must be an election. However, Dredd uses his influence to make sure(or circumstances dicatate) that this is not an election among the judges....

Result: Dredd back on the beat, and PJ Maybe (Ambrose) running the whole city.

That's certainly an interesting idea and would led lead the stories into all sorts of interesting places. Combined with the Dredd as interim Chief Judge while the handover is organised you get the best of both worlds. The Dredd as CJ stories but in a way that's limited and has a safe get out to get him back on the streets...

... arh idol speculation its all such fun.

Richmond Clements

QuoteResult: Dredd back on the beat, and PJ Maybe (Ambrose) running the whole city.

Dredd likes Ambrose remember, so having him suggest this would be a rather wonderful twist...

radiator

I think PJ will frame Cardew for the attempted assassination of Sinfield.

Mikey

Quote from: Garageman on 08 April, 2010, 07:51:45 PM
Beeny? Not a chance, I think there's a bigger storyline for her in the future before that happens. It's an elected position and I don't see the other judges voting for her.

What? Like her mother and namesake being the leader of a direct action Democracy movement, being killed on the steps of the Statue,her mother's unrequited love becoming her mother, then she becomes an effective street Judge with the approval of Dredd himself?. Apart from that?  :D

Combining it with the idea the whoe Justice system may be for a big shake up...

Bugger it! Beeny for Mayor! I'm starting the campaign now...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Paul faplad Finch

PJ figures out that Francisco is under the influence - he's on his way to that conclusion already - and slips him an antidote.

Dredds investigations into Sinfelds illness are manipulated by Maybe to ensure that he isn't caught but Sinfelds sins come to light.

A recovering Fancisco is reinstated as CJ.

It's decided that to reveal the truth about Sinfeld to the general public would be bad for business, showing as it does how easily corruptable the Dept is so rather than publicly punish him, Francisco, perhaps guided by Dredd, installs Sinfeld in some role in the Cursed Earth camps. To the uninformed masses this would make sense, what with the camps being Sinfelds brainchild.

Maybe, inspired by Sinfeld, makes a move on Francisco with mind control drugs, nt with the aim of ousting him, but rather to have him as a puppet.

Tour of Duty ends with Dredd and Beeny back in the city, Hershey back on the Council (perhaps in a position to get back the CJ position further down the line, post Francisco) and the city effectively being run by Maybe.

My predictions have a habit of being way off though so I'm not holding my breath.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Frandroid

I got the feeling Dredd was about to get accused of assassinating the CJ. Assuming he doesn't survive the crash, he's just been killed while being moved under Dredd's orders by a mutant, who Dredd is currently aligned with. I think the rest of the council would be quite happy to have Sinfield out of the way, use Dredd as a fall guy, and move on to their own power struggle.

That said, Dredd manoeuvring PJ into a position of greater power is a frankly delicious thought.

Toni Scandella

I don't believe Sinfield is dead - having survived two attempts by PJ already I just can't see him being killed outright by the explosion.

I think PJ slipping an antidote to Fransisco, and Sinfield's crimes coming out in the open because of that is entirely possible - maybe PJ will make it look as though Sinfield is actually PJ Maybe...

No - wait - PJ steps ino Dan Fransisco's identity.

No - Dredd's!

I'm not very good at this...

I, Cosh

It's pretty obvious that this so-called "John Wagner" is really none other than genius mass-murderer Philip Janet Maybe.
We never really die.

vzzbux

Inga. The new Call Me Kenneth.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Ochs

Will find out tomorrow but I still think that the twist here is that Sinfield is dead. PJ is not happy as it was not him that got the kill and so he is robbed of his greatest glory.

Don't know after that. Like many others I've had a sneaking suspicion that PJ will end up running the city at some point. I hope so.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

James Stacey

tomorrows cover kinda implies [spoiler]Sinfield survives.[/spoiler]

TordelBack

Ahh Friday, the only day of the week I can safely visit this thread, between me getting the Prog Thursday evening, and the subbies getting next week's tomorrow morning.

Nah, surely it was Sinfield's old room that was hit, Dredd moving him saved his life.  Presumably the Muties were all SLD-ed up.  Surprised Dredd didn't twig the Francisco drugging (yet).  Go Ambrose!