Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Carlos Ezquerra or Steve Dillon

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 January, 2021, 06:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay so don't say I didn't warn you. First out the hat this round we get one of the tournaments favourites BUT its the other side of the draw I want to focus on. As Steve Dillon is just a sublime artist who has gone on to become a superstar outside 2000ad, but for me did his best work for Tharg. The thing this draws tells us is DAMN when I said there was going to be tough calls to make, well when I drew this one I thought there wouldn't be tougher... I was wrong! Oh and keep ya filthy Tankies and ya Hellblazers out of this!

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Carlos Ezquerra - more info

OR

Steve Dillon - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 14th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

abelardsnazz

Both brilliant and both much missed. For his sheer body of consistently excellent and memorable work for Tharg, and with many apologies to Steve, I'm voting for King Carlos.

rogue69

Link Prime

Dillon may have drawn personal favourite episodes and moments, but for an overall contribution of excellence, it has to the The King.

AlexF

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

ming

Bah!  Sorry Steve.  Has to be Carlos - we may as well call all this a day to be honest.  Hah!

TordelBack

Ezquerra. He was my very first Dredd artist, and Dillon was my third (after Ron), and it's a headstart he didn't really need. Steve Dillon was magic, producing some of my all-time favourite 2000AD episodes (From Dredd alone 'Cry of the Werewolf', 'Alone in a Crowd', 'Over the Wall', and all of his bits of 'City of the Damned' and 'Block Mania'), but even so, the King triumphs.

IndigoPrime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2021, 01:17:58 PM
Ezquerra. But bloody hell at this draw.

Thing is I suspect its not getting any easier as the round progresses!

Tomwe

Magnetica

JayzusB.Christ

Steve was technically brilliant, but for some reason I was never a huge fan, except when Kev Walker did his inking.

It's got to be Carlos. Of course it does.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"