Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Bouwel on 18 August, 2009, 08:08:44 AM
I went back to a forum or a Yahoogroup thing called the Massimo Belardinelli Group

Peterwolf; I'm a member of the same group. Although my account is still active there's been no significant activity there in over a year and the group's been abandoned by its creator.

You're not missing anything. Not even Slaine.

-Bouwel-

It was a shame that really.

I still dont get why i was banned though as i wasnt offensive to anyone on there as far as i can remember.

I dont know if it could be revived again or not.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Satanist

This is very near where I live...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8207830.stm

I have just been informed I may not be allowed home tonight depending on what the chemical is.

Wait a minute this isnt minor its really shit, I'm in the wrong thread WAH!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

House of Usher

Oh, that's bad luck.

"Somebody had obviously put chemical waste or paint in the bin and when the bin lorry emptied it and crushed it it caused a chemical reaction.

"When I came down I saw fire engines, police, breathing apparatus and the bin lorry was smoking away."

Some people are so thoughtless!  >:(
STRIKE !!!

Satanist

Just been told I can go home so in the end it was minor* and in the correct thread. Huzzah!

Unless I go home and all my neighbours are now zombies.

Peter Wolf

Next doors car that is parked in one of the parking bays that is closest to my front door leaks oil which has accumulated into a patch of oil  that when exposed to strong sunlight stinks so when i sit on the front step it smells like a fuel dump.

House of Usher

A four-section folding ladder slammed shut on my hand like a nutcracker, crushing it quite painfully. Good job it didn't shut on my fingers.
::)
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Whilst walking down one of the pedestrianised parts of Mega City Maidstone with my family earlier, I noticed a car following us. It even got as close to a couple of feet at times. I didn't give a toss, but twice people came up to me and said that a car was behind me, to which I replied, "This is a pedestrian zone and if all the idiots in the town want to move out the way, more fool them!"
I even stopped once just to see how close it would get and then it dropped back a bit after that.
I only moved out the way when I came to an actual road ;D

TordelBack

Is this the only post on this thread where the poster himself is the minor impediment?  :)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 20 August, 2009, 03:28:41 PM
Whilst walking down one of the pedestrianised parts of Mega City Maidstone with my family earlier, I noticed a car following us. It even got as close to a couple of feet at times. I didn't give a toss, but twice people came up to me and said that a car was behind me, to which I replied, "This is a pedestrian zone and if all the idiots in the town want to move out the way, more fool them!"
I even stopped once just to see how close it would get and then it dropped back a bit after that.
I only moved out the way when I came to an actual road ;D

Good Stuff.

I would have done exactly the same.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Satanist on 18 August, 2009, 06:34:55 PM
Just been told I can go home so in the end it was minor* and in the correct thread. Huzzah!

Well, were they? If so, I'd say that definitely belongs on the Drokking Fantastic thread.
We never really die.

Satanist

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 August, 2009, 05:52:05 PM
Quote from: The Satanist on 18 August, 2009, 06:34:55 PM

Well, were they? If so, I'd say that definitely belongs on the Drokking Fantastic thread.

Its a bit like The Burbs were I live so I didnae notice. :)

House of Usher

Ha! Good for you, CF. The other day I crossed a pedestrian crossing and a car that was stopped on red started proceeding over the crossing behind me before the green man had even started flashing. She was trying to drive through a red light. I could see the red signal from where I was standing. So I stopped crossing and stepped back into the car's path to force the driver to stop and I gesticulated and mouthed words at her. When she put her brakes on I carried on crossing again. She was apologetic but still quite confused.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Some stroppy woman in the charity shop today called me an "obnoxious Cunt".I wont go into the details of why she said this but it was mainly to do with her attitude problem.

Anyway i called her a Hypocrite and that wasnt a comment that was just directed at her behaviour.

;D ;D

She left the shop immediately after i said it .

Mikey

I have been called many things in my life and indeed I have launched numerous epithets upon the deserving in return; but I have never been called, or called someone an "obnoxious Cunt". I can think of a few that it would suit - so thanks Peter!

You must have really got on her nerves for that!

On topic...while on fieldwork the other day,I was congratulating meself on my dry boots/gaiter combination just before I walked into a thigh deep river,invisible as it was covered in rank grasses. Wet feet for another 6 hours -  the water was squirting out the top of me boots into the gaiters!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

uncle fester

Quote from: Mikey on 21 August, 2009, 01:34:14 PM
On topic...while on fieldwork the other day,I was congratulating meself on my dry boots/gaiter combination just before I walked into a thigh deep river,invisible as it was covered in rank grasses. Wet feet for another 6 hours -  the water was squirting out the top of me boots into the gaiters!

I can relate to that. I once happened to be rowing out to this fort in Donegal through very rocky shallow waters.

Mere inches from the shore I thought it'd be a quick step into the shallows to anchor the boat.... I promptly disappeared up to my neck. Oh, how everyone else on board laughed...