Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2009, 05:10:31 PM
KFC or Burger King this evening? Which to choose?

Given a choice I'd go with BK as well.

I got so shit-faced on Saturday after watching Horsham F.C get resoundingly kicked in the arse, all over the pitch, all afternoon, that I actually tried to eat a McChicken sandwich. Decided to stick with the beer.

TordelBack

Reading this, I'm amazed Devon's Daddy hasn't branched out into a Squaxx-specific home-delivery service, bringing actual food to the nerdy needy.   Oh wait, I forgot, he's busy choosing soft-furnishings for the maid's wing.  :-*

Roger Godpleton

I went to the chip shop instead. I got two pieces of chicken, chips and a can of Cherry Coke for £3.70.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

You got all that advice and you went to the chippie instead ::)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2009, 05:10:31 PM
KFC or Burger King this evening? Which to choose?
KFC every time. It's a well known fact that one of the Colonel's special herbs and spices is crack cocaine and meat gnawed from the bone as nature intended always tastes better (c.f. spare ribs.)
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll have you know that all my ribs are taken and I have none spare Cosh ;D

TordelBack

QuoteI'll have you know that all my ribs are taken and I have none spare Cosh

Cannibalism already.  That's going to be some Helltrek.

Mike Gloady

Back in the day when I suffered from the horrible vice known as SMOKING (yuk) I was once asked at a bus station if I had a "spare" cigarette.

"No.  I intend to smoke each and every one.  I'm an addict you see.  Should my addiction carry me off prematurely then I have decreed that there will be a pyramid built and my sarcophagus laid upon a bed of B&H silver, that I may smoke in the underworld"

How the bloke managed not to deck me still eludes me.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

That'll be an expensive funeral then, what are they £6 a pack or something!
I remember when I was a paperboy, the newsagents sold loosies to all the kids. Those were the days ;)

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2009, 07:04:51 PM
I went to the chip shop instead. I got two pieces of chicken, chips and a can of Cherry Coke for £3.70.

I couldn't eat all that. When I go to the chip shop I come back with two portions of chips for myself and my lady non-wife. A big helping of deep-fried starch is enough of a lazy meal for me without adding protein into the equation. I do like it accompanied by a glass of Dr Pepper though, or a cider, or a Devon gin (cider + 1 gin + 1/2 cointreau).

My mum used to send me to the newsagent on an errand to buy cigarettes for her. How I used to hate that.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Quote from: House of Usher on 06 October, 2009, 10:11:35 PM
My mum used to send me to the newsagent on an errand to buy cigarettes for her. How I used to hate that.

heh, me and the girl next door used to pretend my mum had sent us for fags, even thought she was a non smoker. We'd get 10 embassy No.6 and 'smoke' them in the fields behind our street. No inhaling though - we were only 10 and didn't understand that bit!

Mike Gloady

I was sent on the fag run too.  Something that just wouldn't happen these days for all kinds of good and sensible reasons.  I'm sure the smell of my dad's pipe tobacco tins on the way home was a key motivator in my succumbing to the evil fags.  Can't quite think how I got the horrible smell of the stuff BURNING out of my head though. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Today I learned that the SMART projection white boards in my classrooms are not going to be connected to the Internet, despite having Windows Explorer installed on the computer. Apparently because the cost of wiring in an Internet connection is too great.

So my students will just have to imagine the internet images, websites and Youtube clips mentioned in class, or look them up on their own computers when they get home. The only advantage to installing the expensive equipment, therefore, is saving on dry-wipe marker pens and not having to fiddle about setting up a projector.

::)

I am NOT doing this job next year even if I have to work in a supermarket instead. I'll go back on nights if I have to!
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

Quote from: House of Usher on 06 October, 2009, 10:11:35 PM
It's my parents smoking that's made me such a virulent, proselytising non-smoker. It's not a new thing for me. By the age of ten, I'd refuse to buy my mum's fags. When sent to the shop for messages I'd get everything else I was asked to but invariably come back without the fags. How she used to hate that.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 October, 2009, 12:18:38 AM
It's my parents smoking that's made me such a virulent, proselytising non-smoker.

Weird - neither of my parents ever smoked, but me and both my brothers did. After my primary-school experimenting (see above), I only started smoking properly at uni, and continued for 20 years. It's now three and a half years since I quit, and I don't  miss them at all.

....until we all started talking about them, now I could murder one!