Main Menu

Darksiders

Started by bluemeanie, 27 September, 2010, 10:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Been playing this over the weekend. Been told its a God of War ripoff but being a pc only player I've never had a go of those so dont have that comparison when playing.

Been loving it so far. It looks very cool (art design by Joe Madureira), lots of badass monsters to chop up and varied levels to work through. Some parts its like if Tomb Raider replaced Lara Croft with Conan, others are aerial combat levels. Most are just clumping about kicking the shit out of anything you see though.

Good game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rI42lZVKo

Satanist

Legacy of Kain/God of War + Zelda = Darksiders.

It is a good game but some of the Bosses are tough nuts.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

bluemeanie

Yeah, Im at a SOLID bit now. Not a boss, just one of those locked door rooms and I'm on the 4th or 5th respawn of bad guys with no extra health. Have murder taking out the shuffling ones that spit out poison, probably missing some trick to them.

Still fun stuff though, possibly as I've never played Legacy of Kain, God of War OR Zelda   :lol:

bluemeanie

Pissed with this game now....

Been a nice steady ramping up of the difficulty but Im now in a bit which is:

Go into room, all doors lock, fight three waves of monsters, the last of which have two of the mini bosses you've only just managed to take out one of previously

Keep getting to the very last guy with absolutely zero health left and dying. After really enjoying the game I've now spent a few days playing this same room over and over again like one of those crappy "earn trophies by killing waves" bonus levels.

THIS close to uninstalling  :(

Withnail's liver

Yeah, I remember this happening a few times in the game.  There are some excellent set pieces against some of the bosses, but these bits where you have to kill about three or four waves of mini bosses were just a nightmare!  Couldn't see any reason for them either apart from providing frustration to the player.  I eventually finished the game but it was a bit of a grind.

Certainly I went from "This is excellent!" to putting it immediately on the trade-in pile when I'd finished it.
I have a heart condition.  If you hit me it's murder!