Main Menu

Rogue Trooper review thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 20 April, 2006, 02:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

DDi they include a free graphic novle with each purchase?

Noisybast

Bah! I've been in work almost continuously since the postie delivered it! I got to the bit  with the Stammels last night before bed.

On reflection, I probably should have gone to bed and played the game when I get home this evening, as my eyes feel like they've been deep-fried...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Wils

Double bah! The postie's been and there's no sign of my game. :( So I don't feel left out completely, I've dug out...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/rt1.jpg">

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/rt2.jpg">

paulvonscott

I had the bottom game, great stuff!  It was easy enopugh for me to complete with a lot of hard work.  I have a copy of the other one, but no machine to play it on.

I'm waiting for my copy from Amazon, they haven't posted the bugger yet!

Wils

After putting those screengrabs online, I decided to have a tidy up and found this languishing in the depths of my Photobucket account.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/rnads.jpg">

Keef Monkey

Bit of a weird one as far as the 360 support goes. Upon putting the disc in a message pops up saying there's a download available for that game to allow you to play it(cue sigh of relief), but after that's downloaded and you try to load the game it won't work(cue getting shoes back on to walk to shop once more and trade it for PS2 version)!

LARF

SFX Magazine have given it 5 stars and a must-buy status!

Dan Kelly

Well I had a post pub play last night - nothing serious considering the beer intake and reall enjoyed where I got to - Orange Sea - but need to start again to have a real stab.

My only comment is that the "tutorial" aspects, which at least take place in storyline, seem to stop a bit early.

Something Fishy

Thanks for that Keef.

Wierd how it shows on the dashboard to other players (so it looks like you are playing it).

so i guess i have to wait for them to wort BC then.

Bit worrying because they say they do it based on features in game or something. Assuming it uses a similar engine to DvD then if that worked it would be easy to sort.  They haven't got that working yet (it is on the US bt not UK BC list.. stupied for a UK game).

I may rent it next weekend for PS2 then.  Want to give FFI some time first.

joe pineapples

Rogue absaloutley rocks.
I love this game.
Multiplayer is also very good,but only three maps?
This could be a great multiplayer if there were more maps and different types of play (death match,CTF etc.)Anyone heard any rumours about updates?

Leigh S

Bought it for the PC, niot having one of those new fangled "games" machines.  Sadly, i dont have a new fangled "pixel shader" compatible graphics card either, despite the fact my computers not even a year old yet...so theres lots of all white fellahs running around, though at a distance you can see em fine - which begs the question, why didnt they ahve pixel shading as an option you could turn off! Even close up, the skins sometimes show accurately, so its possible to get them to show if it wasnt for this pixel shading kicking in - Grrrr.  

Still, the game itself seems really good ( when i can distinguish friend from foe!)

So, my question would be, since the game actually tells me I'm fecked before i even play it, there's little chance of holding out for a patch?  Therein lies my dilemma - do i return it knowing its likely not to get fixed?  As a matter of principle, i dont feel like holding onto a game that to me (not being that up on computre games tech) could easily have worked if they hadnt insisted on trying to shade my pixels!  My other matter of principle is to support Rebellion in these releases, so I'm torn people - any ideas, or word from the top, even?

Leigh S

Or indeed recommendations for a cheap graphics card (and i mean CHEAP!) that could shade my pixels....  right - off to kill some Norts... I think!

Wils

I had the 'pixel shaders' problem for a while before I bought a new card, not allowing me to play Silent Hill 3 or Lego Star Wars for starters. I managed to pick up a 256Meg GeForce FX5500 for about 40 quid, while not being top of the range by any stretch of the imagination, does the job, at least for now.

The Amstor Computer

Completed it.

By my (rough) count, that's five or six hours, including restarts. To say I'm disappointed by the length of the game would be putting it mildly. I expected to be able to complete it this weekend, but I had hoped for more than just over a night.

The tougher difficulty levels should eke out a bit more, and I'm sure I'll get a bit of fun out of the unlockable cheats, but...

Annoyingly, the ending...

SPOILER

SPOILER

...leaves the Traitor General alive and well, and suggests the possibility of a sequel. I think I would have preferred a longer game that wrapped the whole story up, thanks.

Wils

five or six hours, including restarts

Fuckshitbollockswankarse!

That's not very long at *all*!