Main Menu

Slaine - Book of Scars - NOW

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 24 October, 2013, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davek

Quote from: vark on 18 November, 2013, 09:26:32 PM
Received mine last Saturday (it's a beauty!), and it also displays Glenn fabry's devil's banquet page from 2000 AD Sci-Fi Special, 1986 (early different version of a scene from Slaine the king). So with the inclusion of "arrow of god" in the next Slaine reprint (Lord of the Beasts in 2014) there will be no more Sláine missing material in Rebellion GN collection. Bravo!

This 2014 Lord of the Beasts book contains one of my fave Slaine stories (Lord of the Beasts - amazing art) and my worst (Secret Commonwealth).

vark

It has taken some work but for anyone interested I have uploaded the detailed content of this splendid Book of Scars here http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2013/11/slaine-book-of-scars-rebellion-2013.html. I really think it's the most beautiful and interesting Sláine book ever published.

Apart probably some extra art from 2000 AD, the only thing that I have found missing is the cover from prog #1047 (according to Barney's database for I don't own all 2000 AD collection)

SmallBlueThing

I've been putting off buying this for some reason (largely because I've not seen it anywhere in the flesh, so to speak)- but you've just sold it to me, Vark.

SBT