Main Menu

Vacancies

Started by updatatr0n, 29 June, 2009, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Low

Quote from: "updatatr0n"Desk Editor

I reckon I could manage that one, although my experience is entirely amateur and they'd never go for it.

More importantly, in my current role I get to cut up human body parts, and since not many people get to say that sort of thing it would be a shame to get a different job.

Regards

Robin

Buttonman

I'm pretty sure they could afford me - a good rummage down the back of the sofa should suffice. What is a 'desk editor'? is this effectively Tharg with a seat? Do you get a droid name on successful application - I could be 'Off-Button' or 'S-Stop playing bejewelled blitz on Facebook, you'll never beat Cosh, but his wrists are wrecked -bot'.

Do you think my 64 letters and three years of Lettersentertainyou would be enough? Who dares me to apply? Might get  'fuck off' on some nice headed paper!

Peter Wolf

Whats the difference between an editor and a Desk editor ?

Is the "desk editor" *the* editor or a subordinate to the editor who has an office instead of a desk ?

Is a desk editor a sub - editor ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Got to be worth a punt, Buttonman!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Kev Levell

Buttonman

First draft...mmm, maybe to modest?

29 June 2009
The Nerve Centre
2000ad
Oxford
                                                     Desk Editor Ref 2W148JO

Dear Sir / Madam,

I enclose my C.V and would be grateful if you would consider myself for this vacancy, which was listed on the 2000adonline website.

As you will note I have worked the majority of my career within the Insurance claims industry and whilst I appreciate that you may find this incongruous with your own business may I point out that both involve the assessment of works of fiction.

My own writing career has been prolific with my works appearing in Eagle, 2000ad and the Judge Dredd Megazine. Samples of my output can be found in Prog 1642 and Megazine 286 and my present salary consists of a Heroclix figure (broken) and a Judge Anderson graphic novel (bent at corner). My salary package is negotiable although I won't accept Tony Lee's post bag or 'Cronos Carnival' scripts by way of remuneration.

I also produce the select letters review journal 'LETTERSENTERTAINYOU' on a sporadic basis and it enjoys a healthy readership of seven. I do my own word processing although I do outsource the graphics to the cat. I can also produce art works of a high standard and regularly score a single honourable mention in the readers' art contests.

The job offered may be a slight restraint on my talents but with coaching I'm sure I can bring out the best in you. I own a full run of all Rebellion publications and frankly after 'Dead Meat' you owe me.

If it seals the deal, I have my own desk.

I await your chauffeured driven limo in due course.

Sincerely

Mr B Man

Kev Levell

Genius! They should hire you on the spot!

Kerrin

Give the man a job!

Professor Bear

They can afford me - I'm not getting paid at my current job.  Only been there less than a year, though.

Send it, Button - they love us in the 2000ad offices.
It'll really make someone's day.

Buttonman

Application sent - will keep you posted. Pray for me!

House of Usher

Quote from: "Buttonman"I do my own word processing although I do outsource the graphics to the cat.

First draft...mmm, maybe to modest?
And to whom do you outsource the proof reading?  ;)

(on which note, I might observe that their chances of finding InDesign, HTML and graphics re-sizing skills and proof reading ability in the same droid for the Production Assistant job must be fairly slim! Sounds like two people to me. The Desk Editor job sounds easier.)
STRIKE !!!

Buttonman

Just said I did it, didn't clam to be good at it!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "House of Usher"(on which note, I might observe that their chances of finding InDesign, HTML and graphics re-sizing skills and proof reading ability in the same droid for the Production Assistant job must be fairly slim! Sounds like two people to me. The Desk Editor job sounds easier.)

Oddly enough, I probably could do it, but I also know that there's no way they're paying enough for me (and the missus) to relocate that far South. They interviewed me once before, many moons ago, and my research into property prices between first and second interviews was enough to make me glad I didn't make the cut for the second round!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Peter Wolf

I always do my own proofreasding but if i mis- spelling errors or poor grammer then i dont really think it matters that much.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death