Main Menu

Nort Forum Gathering

Started by Beeks, 18 February, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

In Sunny Manc...who's up for it?  :D

Register your interest here and we can try to arrange a date

Taking into account I have an 8 month old and another on the way  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Spaceghost

I'd certainly be up for it in principle. I live about an hour's drive away. I've got a couple of young 'uns as well though so need plenty of notice.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Beeks

Quote from: Lee Bates on 18 February, 2011, 11:41:48 AM
I'd certainly be up for it in principle. I live about an hour's drive away. I've got a couple of young 'uns as well though so need plenty of notice.

Well that's two of us...I think Dandontdare is keen too.  ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Kehaar

Im  in Liverpool & meeting a Manc based mate 26 March but could make other dates w notice - would get the train.
All the best, Kehaar

http://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - mosaic novel, war-game & RPG material

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

Beeks

Quote from: Kehaar on 18 February, 2011, 11:52:31 AM
Im  in Liverpool & meeting a Manc based mate 26 March but could make other dates w notice - would get the train.

26th March sounds like a good start...2 days after pay day too so all good for me I reckon

Dandontdare

I lead a sad and lonely life, so am available most dates. I'll be in London shouting at David Cameron on 26th March though.

One venue that we have to include in any pub crawl is the Fab Cafe just to check out all the cool geeky toys and stuff!

Beeks

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 February, 2011, 12:38:15 PM
I lead a sad and lonely life, so am available most dates. I'll be in London shouting at David Cameron on 26th March though.

One venue that we have to include in any pub crawl is the Fab Cafe just to check out all the cool geeky toys and stuff!

Well we will rule that date out then...we want a good turn out after all...yeah Fab Cafe would be a good starting point for sure...that old Star Wars death star arcade game is a must  ;)

Richmond Clements

QuoteI'll be in London shouting at David Cameron on 26th March though.

We might be there too.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 February, 2011, 01:33:14 PM
QuoteI'll be in London shouting at David Cameron on 26th March though.

We might be there too.

Eek. I've got 26th March pencilled in to take the kids up to the Dr Who Experience at the O2-(it being the sixth anniversary of NuWho and all) which may be buggered if there's some kind of massive demo thing going on. What's all this about then?

SBT

Proudhuff

Big demo planned Buses from all over coming, My union bus sets of from Edinbra early that day:

http://marchforthealternative.org.uk/
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

sorry about thread-jacking (and the double post) Beeks back on form, who's for a Nort gathering?
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 18 February, 2011, 01:38:32 PM
What's all this about then?

SBT

It's organised by TUC. All the unions are hiring fleets of coaches, I'm trying to blag a seat on one of the Uniosn buses, even though I'm not a member - They say it'll be the biggest demo since the massive anti-war one in '03.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 February, 2011, 02:46:59 PM
sorry about thread-jacking (and the double post) Beeks back on form, who's for a Nort gathering?
DDT did a job on me

Kehaar

Well I can probably make any weekend with 3 weeks notice - any preferences
All the best, Kehaar

http://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - mosaic novel, war-game & RPG material

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

Dandontdare

Looks like 19th March is also no good for me -  My brother's organised a surprise party for my mum's 80th.