Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 21 July, 2013, 05:14:30 PM
If I had to choose a favourite, it would be the painted Dredd on Lawmaster by Mr Millgate.

Agreed. Lovely stuff.

Steve Green

I don't think I'd seen Colin's Mechanismo one before, fantastic piece.

Spikes

Well there's no topping Pete's collection, but these two recently arrived beauties will keep me smiling, and satisfied, for a lifetime.
(Though i do want a Colin MacNeil commission at some point. Hi Colin,  :wave:)

Mick the mighty

King Carlos

Pete Wells

As you can see, I got really bitten by the commission bug so much that it completely eclipsed buying original artwork. There's a bunch of nice memories associated with pretty much every one of those pieces and it's cool dealing directly with the artists. Knowing that all the cash goes directly to them is aces too!

I NEED a Henry Flint commission in my life though :'(

Colin YNWA

While there's a load of fantastic comissions here one that stands out for me is the David Millgate Sinister Dexter. Drawing like that I'd love to see him back on the strip he created.

Sideshow Bob

An absolutely fabulous collection of commissions Mr Wells.......
For once words fail me !! ........................ :o

Thanks for sharing.......
Cheers

A beautiful Carlos commission there Judge Jack......
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Montynero

It's nice to know that  Pete can keep all the artists in business should they ever fall on hard times! :D

That Cliff Robinson Death piece really is something else.

sheldipez

Quote from: Pete Wells on 21 July, 2013, 06:07:26 PM
As you can see, I got really bitten by the commission bug so much that it completely eclipsed buying original artwork. There's a bunch of nice memories associated with pretty much every one of those pieces and it's cool dealing directly with the artists. Knowing that all the cash goes directly to them is aces too!

I NEED a Henry Flint commission in my life though :'(

Personally I find the comissions all that more special. It's great seeing all these pieces knowing that they're truely one of a kind that simply aren't available elsewhere.

Though you could make a impressive little artbook of purely your stuff. Very impressive !

hippynumber1

John Cooper. Based on 'The Guinea Pig Who Changed the Law' from prog 126...

Spikes

Very nice. Very nice, indeed.
And based on a classic old school story, as well. I wouldnt mind getting a John Cooper commish, myself....

hippynumber1

Skullmo

Well worth the wait. That is lovely! :lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dog Deever

This thread makes me want to win the lottery.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

COMMANDO FORCES

Seeing as Dog Deever wants to win the lottery and as he's only just seen this recently, I thought I better post it again.
Here he is in the background of this piece by the Mighty Colin MacNeil, alongside many forum members. This was done mainly as a reminder of the awesome times we had at Hi-Ex and with added others just for fun ;)