Main Menu

Outcast

Started by Grugz, 01 July, 2016, 09:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

Anyone else watching this? by Robert walking dead kirkman it's a possession based show with mr gene hunt as a southern boy preacher.only seen episode one so far but its ok, nice creepy intro with the boy and his roach.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Enigmatic Dr X

I watched the first episode and felt it too generic to be worth persevering (how long until the reveal that the protaganist is, in fact, an outcast from hell or some such similiar "twist" - my guess is about 20 episodes after the audience has had it heavy-handedly shoved down their throat by subtle hints?).

I may be wrong.
Lock up your spoons!

Grugz

aye,we'll see... I only saw 'fear the walking dead' first episode since I didn't want to fork out for bt  and wasn't impressed but saw the dvd cheap and got into it and enjoyed it...

its a toss up between this and the living and the dead for which i'll enjoy more but again we'll see if only cos my planner is looking sparse at present.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sparse, you say?

If you've got Sky then there's Penny Dreadful and Blacklist and Billions.

If you've got Netflix then there's Stranger Things (from Friday), Orphan Black (including the latest series not yet shown on UK telly), American Horror Story and Better Call Saul.

If you've got Amazon then there's Preacher and Lucifer.
Lock up your spoons!

moly

Penny dreadful is fantastic especially the first two series

The Enigmatic Dr X

Man in the High Castle, too, on Amazon
Lock up your spoons!

amines2058

And don't forgot Mr Robot, which was probably my favourite new series of last year.

Tjm86

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 July, 2016, 08:31:36 PM
Man in the High Castle, too, on Amazon

Since prime is now monthly we've signed back up so I've started working through it.  Thoroughly impressed so far, although I do now need to go back and reread the novel to see how divergent it is.

Outcast isn't horrendous but it's not really doing anything earth shattering.  Getting on better with it than Preacher though.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 July, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
I watched the first episode and felt it too generic to be worth persevering

I'm still persevering, but only just.
As a fan of the genre I want to like this, but the cast, pace and script are doing their best to dissuade me.
The whole concept doesn't seem to have enough substance to warrant more than one series.