Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 July, 2018, 01:48:44 PM
Wildcat 1 – Turbo Jones Paperback  – 10 Jan 2019

Oh good trawling Dash Decent. That saves me having to buy those Wildcat issues I was about to start tracking down!

Richard

broodblik

Turbo Jones was just one of the Wildcat characters ? So if this is vol 1 the rest of the Wildcat characters will each get a separate volume ? If this is the case I will look out for this next year
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 July, 2018, 07:44:19 PM

Oh good trawling Dash Decent. That saves me having to buy those Wildcat issues I was about to start tracking down!

Very good trawling, seeing as Amazon had put it under: Comics & Graphic Novels › Publishers › Dark Horse

sheridan

Looking forward to Michael Carroll's Rico collection.  As I don't do eBooks, is it the same format as the previous collected editions - two previously-published-as-eBooks plus a third novella seeing publication for the first time?

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 June, 2018, 06:14:26 PM
BUT for me the biggest news in this month of pretty big stuff I'd say is the floppie with Meg 400 is Mind Wars - never read it but can't wait to get my hands on more Redondo goodness!

KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!

The Gospel According To Jesus Redondo deserves to be reprinted close to original publication  size in one of those  lovely Treasury of British Comics, not as a squint-o-vision floppie.

Rigellian hotshots all round.  :thumbsdown:

Now we're talking  :)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

sheridan

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 04 July, 2018, 07:46:55 AM
Durham Red: Island of the Damned 01 July 2020

That's quite a lead time for a new edition of a previously-collected reprint!

Dash Decent

Finally - the physical version!

JUDGES Volume 1 Paperback  – 10 Jan 2019

New fiction series exploring the (very) near-future origins of Judge Dredd's Department of Justice

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 2033 A.D.

In a time of widespread poverty, inequality and political unrest, Special Prosecutor Eustace Fargo's controversial new justice laws have come into effect.

Protests and violence meet the first Judges as they hit the street to enforce the Law; the cure, it's clear, is far worse than the disease.

Is this a sign of things to come?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

CalHab

Quote from: sheridan on 03 July, 2018, 08:23:42 PM
Looking forward to Michael Carroll's Rico collection.  As I don't do eBooks, is it the same format as the previous collected editions - two previously-published-as-eBooks plus a third novella seeing publication for the first time?

Pat Mills is not so impressed:
https://twitter.com/PatMillsComics/status/1014417858334527493
"1/2 Just learned that there are THREE novels about Rico out there. No one told me or gave me the opportunity to write MY character. I'm furious. #2000ad #JUDGEDREDD"

https://twitter.com/PatMillsComics/status/1014418014899527680
"2/2 The author and Rebellion endlessly say 'we really respect you and your work.'
If that were true, they would either leave my characters alone or pay me a creator's fee.
Otherwise it's pure humbug! #2000ad #JUDGEDREDD"

James Stacey

I hope he checked with John Wagner before using his character Dredd and giving him a brother then. Just sounds like Unkie Pat is angling for another paycheck there.

James Stacey

Just read his comments on Michael Carroll's fb feed. Not cool at all to be doing in public. (especially as Michael is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet :) )

CalHab

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 July, 2018, 03:34:03 PM
Just read his comments on Michael Carroll's fb feed. Not cool at all to be doing in public. (especially as Michael is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet :) )

Yeah, it's all very sad and will be grist to the mill of those who frequent the various FB Forums which seem to exist only to criticise, not read, the prog

Robin Low

Quote from: CalHab on 04 July, 2018, 02:15:35 PMPat Mills is not so impressed...

I'm trying to remember if he criticised John Wagner for Blood Cadets or Origins. Or when Wagner used Bad Bob Booth. Or Snap, Crackle and Pop. Or Mega-City Two. Or The Cursed Earth.

The thing about Rico Dredd... he's not much of a character. He's a bad guy with a face full of plumbing, and little in the way of personality. There's not much substance to latch onto and claim ownership of. Some, but not much.

Regards,

Robin