Main Menu

Wrap It Up

Started by Funt Solo, 29 December, 2023, 07:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Can it be Inspector Inaba next to Slaine on Prog 2016? Doesn't seem likely though...

As for Prog 500, honestly, it's a pretty solid top 20 of both artists and characters even now.
Obvs would swap out Bad City Blue (and maybe Robin Smith); and an Arthur Ranson Anderson over Kitson. But everything else is spot on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: AlexF on 16 April, 2024, 11:27:13 AMCan it be Inspector Inaba next to Slaine on Prog 2016? Doesn't seem likely though...

That does look like a Hondo uniform, so maybe it is Inaba.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

I thought maybe Durham Red as another option, but the hair seems wrong.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Lulu?  Hershey?  Though not really in the right clobber for either.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

17 - Let Them Eat Cake

Only twenty progs after the big 500, we got the tenth birthday prog's celebratory cake - which was the other method of honoring prog 2000...

Prog 520's Ten Zarjaz Years! (from 1987, by John Higgins) has a pretty solid line-up of thrills on offer. This is a landmark prog as the paper quality and size made a permanent shift for the first time since the progs 110-128 high quality blip.

---

Prog 2000's Happy 2000th Issue, Squaxx (one of the variant covers from 2016, by Glenn Fabry and Ryan Brown) has everyone throw on a smile (which looks creepy on Dredd) - except for Cyber-Matt, who looks stressed out, and Tharg, who looks egomaniacal.

---

Next: TFIF...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

More love for Inaba!

Barrington Boots

I love this one for the facial expressions. Dredd looks horrific, but check out Judge Fire beneath him!
You've also got creepy Kano, pissed up Mean, Death taking a selfie and Durham Red absolutely cracking up. Plus Henry Moon making a rare appearance!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Blue Cactus

The grinning Hammerstein is a thing of nightmares! But it's a joyful cover. Love that Sam Slade!

Doomlord66

Hmmmm, some 2k characters should never, NEVER, be pictured 'smiling'. Ugh shudder....

JayzusB.Christ

I'd forgotten about that cover - what an absolute classic.  That's Inaba again up the front, isn't it?  And that Arnold Rimmer lad behind Halo Jones must be Bill Savage.

It wasn't the first time Fabry had drawn Dredd grinning inanely, either.

(The article this image came from claims that it was from a story where a woman from MC1 gets godlike powers - I was sure it was a man.)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"