Main Menu

ABC Warriors timeline in light of comments in Fallout

Started by Grumpy Andrew, 15 January, 2018, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 January, 2018, 09:57:53 AM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 18 January, 2018, 08:02:22 PM
Jeez, I'm too old for comics. I have no recollection of any of that!

Ha, it's something I find happens quite regularly too- I can recall events from most comics I read as a kid or teen in intricate detail, yet a story from say two years ago (especially one that didn't really grab me)- fergettaboutit.

Pretty similar here, though even with stories I like at the time I won't necessarily remember any details.  I think around 600 - 700 is probably my limit.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 09:41:17 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 19 January, 2018, 09:57:53 AM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 18 January, 2018, 08:02:22 PM
Jeez, I'm too old for comics. I have no recollection of any of that!

Ha, it's something I find happens quite regularly too- I can recall events from most comics I read as a kid or teen in intricate detail, yet a story from say two years ago (especially one that didn't really grab me)- fergettaboutit.

Pretty similar here, though even with stories I like at the time I won't necessarily remember any details.  I think around 600 - 700 is probably my limit.

Progs 600 to 700 that is, in case it wasn't clear from the context.

credo

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 January, 2018, 10:52:52 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 January, 2018, 11:24:08 AM
I think the original return to Mars was an attempt to return to the classic days of the Warriors

I recall really enjoying the initial return to Mars arcs, but a new setting would be more than welcome.
The follow-up Mars setting has been in place since Prog 2000 (December 1999)!

I feel that the current story-line is pushing forward somewhat, and anticipate a new direction (and likely new team line-up) by the time it wraps up.

Maybe we could move on to a new location? How about a trip back forward in time to post-Torquemada Termight?

That'd leave no more timey wimey issues to deal with (and allow the return of one of the best locations Pat Mills has ever created).

sheridan

Quote from: credo on 22 January, 2018, 10:14:20 AM
Maybe we could move on to a new location? How about a trip back forward in time to post-Torquemada Termight?

That'd leave no more timey wimey issues to deal with (and allow the return of one of the best locations Pat Mills has ever created).

I wouldn't mind seeing what Purity's Terra is like, or following Isis'(?) continuing adventures.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 24 January, 2018, 12:57:37 PM
Quote from: credo on 22 January, 2018, 10:14:20 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing what Purity's Terra is like, or following Isis'(?) continuing adventures.

And by 'wouldn't mind' I mean ' would really love'

Grumpy Andrew

I do love how compromised Purity had become by the time she was President in that Deadlock story. I agree there's lots to mine there.

snavej

Hasn't there been time travel in ABC Warriors?  (There's a Black Hole that's used for transport.)  That would mess everything up re. timelines.

In the latest story (Prog 2071),[spoiler] the Warriors are attacked by Blackblood's robots. [/spoiler] However, in Prog 2070 we saw that Deadlock can generate impenetrable force fields. Why doesn't he generate another to defend the Warriors in Prog 2071? Is he exhausted already?!

Adjusted for the spoiler...

AlexF

For robots that are specifically designed to be proof against atomic, bacterial and chemical weapons, they sure do get taken down a lot by plain ol' bullets, and by being hit hard by other robots. Perhaps they need to recruit a new generation of 'wood, metal and tension' proof warriors?

On the other hand, they're also great at being pulverized, turned inside out and even melted down and then being reassembled, so perhaps it doesn't matter.

I second the call to end the Mars sequence and get them back to either pre-Torque Termite or Post-Purity Termight and visit that world again! Maybe even with a - pause for breath - new artist at the helm..?

Presumably all those time-travel inconsistencies have been resolved in the fabled Joe Pineapples solo story, itself a wormhole of lost time.

Tomwe

Quote from: AlexF on 13 March, 2018, 01:08:51 PM
Maybe even with a - pause for breath - new artist at the helm..?
Oh yes please... DaNi's Blackblood thrill last year was excellent and there are plenty of other artists who can draw robots.

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 13 March, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 13 March, 2018, 01:08:51 PM
Maybe even with a - pause for breath - new artist at the helm..?
Oh yes please... DaNi's Blackblood thrill last year was excellent and there are plenty of other artists who can draw robots.

I'd like to see more from DaNi - what has she worked on so far for the GG?  Fiends and Blackblood, both one offs.

Cosier

DaNi did the Anderson story for last years FCBD issue not Blackblood - that was Kei Zama. I'd be happy to see either of them featured in the prog. DaNi's art in the Scream/Misty special was ace and Zama really nailed Blackblood.

Link Prime

I'm a huge fan of Clint Langley, and his contribution to the ABC Warriors saga, but would also like to see some fresh takes on Old Red Eyes and chums.
A series of shorter stories by varied artists (including the Langley Droid of course) would be very welcome.
An arc by Kei Zama would be essential, her Blackblood one-off was stunning.

Tomwe

Quote from: Cosier on 14 March, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
DaNi did the Anderson story for last years FCBD issue not Blackblood - that was Kei Zama. I'd be happy to see either of them featured in the prog. DaNi's art in the Scream/Misty special was ace and Zama really nailed Blackblood.
Whoops, should have checked my recollection before posting. Thank you for the correction.

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 15 March, 2018, 09:34:14 AM
Whoops, should have checked my recollection before posting. Thank you for the correction.

Makes me want to re-read all the FBCD progs now (and throw in the summer/Hallowe'en specials too).

Tomwe

DaNi did the Anderson story for last years FCBD issue not Blackblood - that was Kei Zama.

...and now I realise that Zama has been drawing those *other* robots I was alluding to (in my own head) over in IDW's Optimus Prime series.

Another artist lost to American publishers!