Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Sir Roger Bannister, the first man to run the mile under 4 minutes, has run his last race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/43273249
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Tjm86

Quote from: Greg M. on 04 March, 2018, 11:42:43 AM
Flagg, expecting a Frank Burns-style potential collaborator, utterly misreads Charles, and pays the price.

Ah yes, that one was superb!  He played Flagg hook, line and sinker on that one!  As you say, he was the perfect foil for Hawkeye and BJ.  Frank had become far too one dimensional by that point.

I always admired the complexity of the character and Stiers' portrayal of it.  There were a number of times when he revealed an incredible vulnerability and compassion that he always seemed to need to keep hidden.

I can feel a MASH rewatch coming on.

TordelBack

I much preferred his Winchester to the bumbling Burns, it was a cleverly judged part and a consistently great performance. I also enjoyed Stiers in the TNG episode where he was Lwaxana's Carousel-bound squeeze.  RIP.

Tjm86

Amen.  His performance in TNG was superb.  In Stargate Atlantis too.  An actor of extraordinary talent that will most assuredly be missed.

rogue69

The inventor of the wind-up radio, Trevor Baylis, has died aged 80.

rogue69

the print version of the NME after 66 years

JOE SOAP

The Legendary Shark

That's sad. Only two comedy acts have ever made me literally ache with laughter, Laurel and Hardy, and the King of Knotty Ash. The world has become a markedly less tattifilarious place. :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

RIP Doddy - a true legend.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Just found out, absolutely gutted!!! :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

sheridan

von Boom

Quote from: sheridan on 14 March, 2018, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 14 March, 2018, 06:37:28 AM
Stephen Hawking

A Brief History

Just last night I was listening to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy: Hexagonal Phase (featuring a familiar voice).

I was listening to that the other day. In university I read several of his papers. I hope that his works are published much they Feynman's have been. RIP.  :'(

CalHab

Goaty

Also Bulleye's Jim Bowen. Fun to watch on my student nights