Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 March, 2013, 10:54:38 AM
Another box ticked!   :D

A prime piece of MacNeil gorgeousness! Nice to see this has landed  :thumbsup:
And without checking my Megazine back issues, is this the very first appearance of Mechanismo?

hippynumber1

I believe so (unless they 'trailed' this cover in issue 11)

ming

Glorious!  If that didn't put a dent in your O'Neill fund, Mark, it should have...  I love it.

:)

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 March, 2013, 10:54:38 AM
Another box ticked!   :D

I used to own that , it ended up with Steve Taylor ..... nice to see it back on British soil ....

Fatboydale

My Ian Gibson cover came this morn , it also came with a nice bonus the original acetate , only down side its missing the Dragonslayer Gubbins , which has fallen off in the mist of time , and it shows the glue residue ...but still a great vintage cover ... any is up for a classic cover trade maybe ...

Spikes

That's a seriously sweet Dredd cover youve got for yourself, Dale.

I want it!!

So, was the Dragonwotsit stuck directly onto the art? You'd have thought theyd stick it on the acetate.
Still, the glue residue doesnt diminish, at all, the loveliness of the piece.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 March, 2013, 01:20:15 PM

That's a seriously sweet Dredd cover youve got for yourself, Dale.

I want it!!

So, was the Dragonwotsit stuck directly onto the art? You'd have thought theyd stick it on the acetate.
Still, the glue residue doesnt diminish, at all, the loveliness of the piece.

Loooking for a cracking trade maybe ??

Yep the DragonSlayer ad was directly on the artwork ..... think i may get a repro made , the cover is really sharp and doubt it has seen sunlight ...

hippynumber1

That's beautiful Dale!  And Is there any piece of art you HAVEN'T owned at some point?!  :lol:

Albion

Quote from: Skullmo on 09 March, 2013, 12:40:14 AM
Carlos Ezquerra has let me know that if anyone would like a commission then he is happy to see if he can accommodate them between his deadline work.

I'd love a Carlos commission. I guess I better start saving, I've just paid for a commission from another top 2000AD artist so something from Carlos might be out of my reach for awhile.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dr Feeley Good

Brilliant cover there Dale. ...

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 09 March, 2013, 12:40:14 AM
Carlos Ezquerra has let me know that if anyone would like a commission then he is happy to see if he can accommodate them between his deadline work.

As I am sure you well know Carlos has been responsible for creating some of the most memorable characters in 2000ad as well as illustrating some amazing US series (Preacher, Bloody Mary).

If anyone is interested in getting something unique done just PM me and I can pass on his email - I don't really want to just throw his address out into a public forum.

Skullmo  :P

This is absolutely 100% on the same level of 'brilliant', that the news that Mick McMahon was doing commissions was.
Now what kind of crazy fool wouldnt want a commission from King Carlos?

hippynumber1

[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% on the same level of 'brilliant', that the news that Mick McMahon was doing
commissions was.

[/quote]

In absolute agreement with you on this one! Exciting times!  :lol:

hippynumber1

Quote from: ming on 09 March, 2013, 12:13:00 PM
Glorious!  If that didn't put a dent in your O'Neill fund, Mark, it should have...  I love it.

:)

I'd rather not talk about it!   :-\

opaque

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 March, 2013, 07:39:45 PM

Well there is a difference between want and be able to afford :P

Spikes

Starting from £100, which is pretty reasonable. Of course there are other options.