Main Menu

2000 AD Online Code of Conduct

Started by Wake, 12 June, 2007, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

It might be retard.     I love the word  "f*****]  one of the best !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

VampiraJen

I was thinking more along the lines of what Wod pointed out - jocular but not malicious use of terms like taffy, mick, fenian, etc? Or referring to female boarders as love or petal?

umm...

..you dont think it might be stuff like what one person said to another about them 'whoring their way through the message board' or such.  not naming names just sighting an example.

Is posting swear words that are like f*** instead of the printed word itself any better ?  

exactly.  they're still  going to hear the word in their head so its not like youre protecting them from anything.

VampiraJen

surely mother f***ing c*** would have to be a winner

Smiley

There's probably some captious argument about how things in the comic shouldn't be copied.

Tits to that. I want a Dredd story where he's policing the Swearing Olympics.

monty--

Bah. A crackdown. I'm going to miss everyone spitting vitriol at each other with language that would make Kings Cross whore blush.

Quirkafleeg

I think you'll find that should be 'sex worker'.

monty--

VampiraJen

and what about the youtube gold thread.  is that technically advertising another website?

Art

-Dunk!-

Matt Timson

I'm confused- is this sort of thing still allowed?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/pooh.jpg">
Pffft...

W. R. Logan

>If it is, that's me, Logan and 54 pretty much muddyfunstered for a start.

dont bring me down to your level mother hubbard.

Wils

Who you think you callin' mother hubbard, crispynoodlepants?

Queen Firey-Bou

excellent ! a applaud this thread, obviously.

now swearing & offensive language, is of course all about context, the system we've worked out with the kids at work is that its not the word, its wether it offends someone, or is meant to offend, and what they learn from this is that different places or people demand different levels of behavior modification. something which the likes of that delightful gordon ramsey would do well to pick up.

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]