Main Menu

MACH 1

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 02 October, 2015, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Any chance of a complete edition of this to go along with Dare Flesh Invasion Harlem HEroes etc.

The Extreme Editions reprints of some of the stories don't count.

Anzati

I'd love to read this series in full...it was way before my time with 200AD. It never really seems to get the love that other contempoary strips do.

hippynumber1

I've been BEGGING for this for years now...

Rio De Fideldo

Even a Digital version with MACH 0. Not too fussed about BLAIR ONE however.

Fungus

Quote from: Anzati on 02 October, 2015, 02:27:49 PM
I'd love to read this series in full...it was way before my time with 200AD. It never really seems to get the love that other contempoary strips do.

I'm sure on one of those podcasts, Pat Mills did mention that when the prog started, MACH 1 polled as the readers' favourite. You can see it, with the typical reader age then and bonkers nature of the strip.

sheridan

I actually preferred M.A.C.H.0 to Probe's adventures - possibly due in part to the artist, but I always thought they were a bit like Ro-Jaws' Memoires.

Dandontdare

yeah, me too. Mach 0 was definitely important to me at the time, it was the story that I'd be wanting to read the most each week, but I loved MACH 1 too, mainly because (unnecessary spoiler tags just in case anyone deosn't know how MACH 1 ends)[spoiler]he didn't beat the baddies, they just killed him and covered up the aliens - that non-happy ending blew me away as much as Blake's 7 did.[/spoiler]

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 October, 2015, 08:54:52 PM
yeah, me too. Mach 0 was definitely important to me at the time, it was the story that I'd be wanting to read the most each week, but I loved MACH 1 too (snip)

It also has to be said that I haven't re-read M.A.C.H.1 for a long time, apart from the first twenty episodes which (bar [spoiler]a little friction between Probe and computer[/spoiler]) are a bit samey.

Dandontdare

That's what impressed me at the time - for weeks it was a cheesy, patently silly James Bond/Steve Austin mash-up and then all of a sudden it was - [spoiler]government conspiracy -  dead hero - good guys don't win - the end.[/spoiler] I was not expecting those last few episodes, and finding something in comics that you weren't expecting is what's kept me reading ever since.