Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 380: Disguise in trouble... Dredd loses face! "You ain't my pa!"

Time for the Stronts to take big licks to Norman, Rodice to take a chill pill, Mean and Dredd head Tulsa-wards, Ace goes to a domed pirate city, flying helmets abound in Rogue Trooper.

24 Hours to Tulsa - not the kind of song that nine-year-old me knew.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 381: It's zarjaz! It's scrotnig! It's ghafflebette! Mutie and the beast... "It's not real! It's all in my mind!"

Fantastic news!  About Scream! and Eagle, not about 2000AD... 

The Gronk is alive again, the Alpha Gang is on the Doghouse, Rodice has a change of clothes, Ace... interrupted, Dredd and Mean in the meltdown city (but when's it going to melt?), Bio-wire isn't the only perambulatory crop.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 382: 🟊 Heavy melt-all issue! 🟊 "Stomm!" "Judge clone in jeopardy... repeat... judge clone in jeopardy!"

Big Eddie no longer at large, neither's Brinna, or the dinosaurs.  The robot midwifes are alright though.  And (some of) the Kashars.  Plus the story of how the crew of the Speedo Ghost escaped, true by Ace Garp!

paddykafka

TordelBack

Quote from: paddykafka on 09 September, 2020, 10:57:33 AM
And on the subject of the plural of Garda..... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHR1tk5xvU

And as an added bonus....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBDjtlVZ0uk

Love that I knew exactly which clip you were linking to!  Should be on the citizenship exam.

sheridan

I'm not sure what I've just been watching...

I'm certainly learning more about Scots and Irish culture due to responses on this thread.  How about the hat trick - any Welsh contributions?  Evans is around and Siadwel Rhys should turn up by the end of the year.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 383: "Heeeeeer, piggy piggy piggy piggy!" "Hark! A voith calleth my name!"

Busy week!  Hopefully going to get back in to the routine (and schedule) for next week.

Dogs die in hot fire-fights, not every rumblejack is leucotomised, Mean takes a bullet to the knee (twice), Ace pigs out, Kashar's and G.I.s can both cheat when they need to.

sheridan

2000AD Annual 1985

Sláine travels in time (but don't worry too much as the continuity will be re-jigged in a year or two), Turbo-trux gate-crash the Mega-City, Rogue broadcasts a message and Hammerstein gets the blues.  Oh, and there's something about Zrag.

sheridan

Judge Dredd Annual 1985: He is the law in Mega-City!

The first Judge Dredd Annual I ever read!

Exploding citiblocks, misdiagnoses of schizophrenia, giant spiders (no, bigger than that) and an eating contest with a difference.

p.s. also updated the prog slog blog with recent appearances on the Starlordathon and regular Space Spinner 2000

sheridan

Sorry about the delay - I'll attempt to get back to the prog-a-day schedule for October!

The Daily Dredds: 1983

sheridan

2000AD Prog 384: Jaw to jaw with the law! RRRRRRRRR 'Gator!

Alpha's dad - dead (spoiler); Toby's back; Dredd goes underground; Garp gets the princess from one piratical peril to another; Rogue finds a hill to die on.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 385: Alpha vs Stix "Who's next?"

Stix - the final showdown!  Halo goes out (with Toby, not in that way).  Doctor's orders for Dredd - no alcohol or romance!  The cliffhanger for Rogue is the same as last week, but more so.  Ace goes out (with the princess, not in that way).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 386: "The sentence is thrill-power..." "The sentence is..." "DEATH!" Tharg on trial!

Ace's plan comes together, the Dictators of Zrag become the Judges of Zrag, nobody on the survival club gets a merit, in the dark future of humanity there can only be children, the Nort's launch their secret weapon.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 387: Nemesis the Warlock in The Gothic Empire

Nine-year-old me is introduced to steampunk, before the term was invented, an old acquaintance puts the G.I.s on the final hunt for the Traitor General, Hell-Trek, ho!  Everybody's wearing those... tight boots and the crew of Speedo Ghost go on strike.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 388: Future War Games on Nu Earth "My move, G.I.!" SNAP!

Nemesis enters Gothic London (and Ro-Jaws returns), Rogue goes North, Star and Shadow have icy adventures, Dredd gets involved in a welfare issue (and the return of an old face - which Dredd punches), Ace concedes to demands.