Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

so, just started and played the first two missions. First impressions: fucking hell!

Orlok

had another blast on this last night as I had to go back to Rathskeller Fork on some unfinished business. I came across two odd things.

Firstly, a bloke was getting off his horse as I galloped along. I'd seen someone do this before and loot a corpse so thought I would beat him to it just to piss him off. Anyway, when I arrived he was standing next to a rock and peeing. Really peeing. With a bright yellow stream and everything. He didn't appreciate me standing there watching him either, cos he stopped, gave me a mouthful of abuse and then went on his way.

When I got close to the town there was a local screaming her guts out not far outside it. Turns out she was being chased by a cougar, so I'd have been screaming too. I'd had my run ins with cougars before so was a bit wary but gave chase anyway. The ground was very hilly so I kept losing a bead on the thing. So, I decided to ride ahead of the screaming local to intercept the moggy as it passed.
Instead, she just run past me. There was no cougar chasing her. As you get a reward for saving a random stranger I thought I'd follow her and see if the glitch corrected itself but she had run straight into the saloon in the town and was still showing on my radar as a large blue dot. I followed her in and stood next to her panicking form and nothing happened. About 10 seconds later a cougar came running through the doors and killed her. Then just started walking around in the bar. Nobody batted an eyelid. It was like a house party at Siegfried and Roy's.

That was all too weird for me so I left town.

mogzilla

spent ages getting the damn bear and wish i'd read this before hand ...basically shot a bear after finding one on his own...he started legging it so i followed him at a sprint and kept slashing away with me knife til i got im...phew.

sbt...read somewhere that there going to be some dlc for it with a zombies vs cowboys theme dunno if it will be co op or single player but my moneys on it being in tumbleweed...the ghost town!!!

Orlok

Nice work.

I hear there is a Legendary Bear out there with your name on it.

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 28 July, 2010, 10:50:15 PM
spent ages getting the damn bear and wish i'd read this before hand ...basically shot a bear after finding one on his own...he started legging it so i followed him at a sprint and kept slashing away with me knife til i got im...phew.

Careful there, Tristan.

Richmond Clements

PLayed a bit online last night- that was fun! Shooting someone in the face and watching them tumble from theri horse is a beautiful thing.

Then after doing my first bounty hunter mission I was heading home, saw a cougar and thought I'd have a pop. Killed the bugger, and while I was off the horse, a bloody boar ran in and attacked me! I was tangling with him when a second fucking cougar came out of nowhere and finished me off!
What's going on? Are the animals working in teams here or something?

But by gum, this is one gorgeous looking game.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: mogzilla on 28 July, 2010, 10:50:15 PM

sbt...read somewhere that there going to be some dlc for it with a zombies vs cowboys theme dunno if it will be co op or single player but my moneys on it being in tumbleweed...the ghost town!!!

Thanks... I think.  ;) Just some questions: What's a "dlc", what's "tumbleweed"? I is not a games player at all. I watch sprog play, and that's it!

SBT

nev

DLC means down loadable content. And Tumbleweed is an area in Red Dead Redemption.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Inev on 29 July, 2010, 11:29:22 AM
DLC means down loadable content. And Tumbleweed is an area in Red Dead Redemption.

Splendid! Thanks! Now I HAVE to buy this, don't I?

Since we don't have a landline phone, and use the Internet off a dongle- how would I go about downloading that and sticking it on my -er, my son's- PS3?

SBT

Stuzzle

They'll probably release a "Game of the year edition" in 8/10 months with DLC's on ;)
I don't draw so good and I don't know the artists off by heart. I eat more than I probably should and don't yet know the stories from the start. I like films and can't speak Spanish, but DAMMIT I can Twitter

nev

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 29 July, 2010, 11:32:00 AM

Splendid! Thanks! Now I HAVE to buy this, don't I?

Since we don't have a landline phone, and use the Internet off a dongle- how would I go about downloading that and sticking it on my -er, my son's- PS3?

SBT
There is a set of free co-op missions available for download. And there are 4 other DLC packs planned which you probably will have to pay for.

Sorry not sure about the dongle as I'm an Xbox man.

mogzilla

the zombie things confirmed apparently all the ghost towns and graveyards wil give up their dead  :D   happy cowboy camper

Orlok

Quotethe zombie things confirmed apparently all the ghost towns and graveyards wil give up their dead

Oh, that's just marvellous. I've killed almost as many people as Old Stoneyface in this game so that lot showing up will be like Judgement Day all over again.

Hopefully no zombie cougars.

Further glitches...rode to Escalera last night to find the army bloke running the joint sitting his chair, which wasn't that odd except for the fact that it was hovering a good 12 inches above the table in his room. :o
I just had to shoot him.

mogzilla

Quote from: Orlok on 29 July, 2010, 09:29:49 PM
Quotethe zombie things confirmed apparently all the ghost towns and graveyards wil give up their dead

Oh, that's just marvellous. I've killed almost as many people as Old Stoneyface in this game so that lot showing up will be like Judgement Day all over again.

Hopefully no zombie cougars.

Further glitches...rode to Escalera last night to find the army bloke running the joint sitting his chair, which wasn't that odd except for the fact that it was hovering a good 12 inches above the table in his room. :o
I just had to shoot him.

well of course you did....

playing as jack who i've decided is a bit unhinged when anyone challenges me to a duel i just shoot them. win every time!

Orlok

Quoteplaying as jack who i've decided is a bit unhinged when anyone challenges me to a duel i just shoot them. win every time!

You are Junior Angel and I claim my five creds.