Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Dominion + Torture Garden is 160 pages of strip, we've had volumes with less.

Fall Of Deadworld: Home, Ava, Damned, Running Scared, Doomed, Sidney is about the same strip count ~160 and I get the feeling there might be more coming later this year.

That's why I went for 2 books for Dark Judges material rather than 1.

levers

Latest Dante book dropped through the letter box this morning. Ordered from Forbidden Planet.

sintec

Damn it I got excited for a second there as I thought the subs were starting to land then I read the second half of your post.

MumboJimbo

A little off topic, but has anyone ever seen this for sale in an actual shop? I quite fancy the odd issue, but apart from the first few, I've never seen it sold at any branch of WH Smiths or Forbidden Planet.

The advert on the back of virtually every prog says "Ask for it at your local Newsagent" - is that irony? Do Newsagents exist any more? I mean, my local corner shop has a small shelf stocking newspapers and TV Quick, but I'm sure if I asked the bloke who runs it to reserve me a copy of "2000 AD The Ultimate Collection" he would probably think I was smoking something.

moogie101

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 08 January, 2020, 01:42:03 PM
A little off topic, but has anyone ever seen this for sale in an actual shop? I quite fancy the odd issue, but apart from the first few, I've never seen it sold at any branch of WH Smiths or Forbidden Planet.

The advert on the back of virtually every prog says "Ask for it at your local Newsagent" - is that irony? Do Newsagents exist any more? I mean, my local corner shop has a small shelf stocking newspapers and TV Quick, but I'm sure if I asked the bloke who runs it to reserve me a copy of "2000 AD The Ultimate Collection" he would probably think I was smoking something.

Usually Newsagent will stock just the first couple of issues of a partwork to try & get people to order it via themselves.

It's very unlikely you'll find a newsagent regularly stocking individual issues of a partwork so you could cherrypick, but I'm sure most could order them in if you asked though.

djbawbag

WH Smith in Argyll Street Glasgow usually gets a couple of copies.
Not seen it in any other branch though.

Also Forbidden Planet in Glasgow carries it too.

levers

My local WHSmiths sometimes gets a copy and they have the Dante one in today. Last time I was in the London Forbidden Planet they appeared to have done away with all their 2000ad Ultimate Collection. There wasn't even any back issues on display which surprised me.

Colin YNWA

Happy to report my copy of Dante 6 was in my nerd shop when I visited today. 6 down 2 to go (I think) very exciting.

levers

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 January, 2020, 08:59:43 PM
Happy to report my copy of Dante 6 was in my nerd shop when I visited today. 6 down 2 to go (I think) very exciting.

Three more volumes according to the listings on Wikipedia. Next one in April and then June and July for the finale.

Jade Falcon

I'm going to be down money, and I'm really wondering whether to cancel my subscription, but its this far into it.  It would depend on the extension perhaps, if we knew for certain how long and what it would consist of.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

All we really know at the moment is that it's planned to be 30 books taking us to 110 volumes. That's 15 extra deliveries so 1 year and 3 months worth.

There's been plenty of speculation about what it might contain but I don't think there's been anything officially announced yet.

Rately

Really looking forward to seeing them announce what the extension consists of.

Have loved the collection thus far, for the majority of the titles. Hoping we see John Smith's fantastic work get a good few volumes.

Jade Falcon

So what is this week's book since the main site is still down.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 14 January, 2020, 12:23:25 PM
So what is this week's book since the main site is still down.

The final ABC Warriors volume (Volgan War part 2).
@jamesfeistdraws

gurnard

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 08 January, 2020, 01:42:03 PM

I pick up the ones I want from Forbidden Planet. You can pre-order in advance so you don't forget when they come out. Very happy with the service.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/?q=2000ad%20ultimate%20collection&page=1