Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Film & TV / Re: GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by blackmocco on Today at 02:02:51 am »
I guess now we know why CBS weren't too worried about The Orville - Fox have done what they usually do and the show's new (and presumably temporary) timeslot saw the ratings take a nosedive.  I guess we can stick a fork in it now, which is a shame even if I just can't unsee Star Trek when they're sitting in the ready room jawing away about a clash of cultures that can only be resolved by returning to the aliens' home planet and having a tribunal because yes episode 3 is one of those, but it's... uh... actually pretty good?  It's a thing about gender norms being surgically enforced by an all-male species and is surprisingly earnest for something that opens with a dick joke, but those looking for a TNG-scented sci-fi comfort blanket need look no further for something to cuddle.

That scent's a little too overpowering for me. Just watched the latest one. Oof. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Thursday night's the slot it was always intended for here in the US. First two were following huge audiences watching football on FOX to get it in front of people. (Which is just as well for my further employment. Orville was playing in Family Guy's timeslot...) They've moved Gotham too to launch them as a Thursday night double-bill. Tough night. Biggest TV viewing night in the US and up against vile but very popular filth like Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory and the now about to be relaunched Will and Grace <shudder>.

They may have anticipated the ratings. Hard to know. If it were any other network, I'd say maybe they'll give it a chance to find an audience - they've invested heavily in this and Big Mac makes them a boatload of money - but this is FOX. Absolutely merciless if something doesn't perform. Unless it starts grabbing viewers quickly, I could see this being a one-way trip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI
Prog / Re: Prog 2050 - Epic Thrills!
« Last post by Batman's Superior Cousin on Today at 12:46:33 am »
Not a problem Richard!!! ;)
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by Arkwright99 on 23 September, 2017, 11:49:51 pm »
My main issue with the prog is that I don't like them as physical objects...
Good News! You can now buy the prog in a digital, non-physical, format. And, as a reward from the benevolent Mighty One for not participating in the weekly felling of the Earth's tree population, a digital subscription is cheaper than the print edition. :D

Announcements / Re: 3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release
« Last post by SIP on 23 September, 2017, 11:42:51 pm »
It worked really well on mine - glad it worked for you sir! 😆

Hes so good, i can't  be putting up with a misplaced shield.
Announcements / Re: 3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release
« Last post by lincnashOZ on 23 September, 2017, 11:20:35 pm »

Nothing I could do would make the shield sit in the right position, so I attached a small metal washer to Dredd's chest under his suit (just using a small piece of blu tack) in the correct position - sorted, badge attaches to that.

Great figure 3a - hope for more.

Great suggestion SIP'ster, thanks for the idea.
Walking into the "Collector Room", was enough vibration to upset the Shields position.
With some double-sided tape on a metal washer, placed under the "leathers" = PERFECT now!!.

If the ANDERSON rumours are true, should be very nice.
I pray to Grud Almighty it will be a "Debbie Harry" style, Bolland 1/6th.
If it's "3A female" long legs and enormous "parts" (TK Queeny), I'm out.
« Last post by Richard on 23 September, 2017, 10:57:04 pm »
Thank you Batman's SC, I'd forgotten him.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Magnetica on 23 September, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »
I also assume it won't have the spin off Savage story (Disaster was it?) where he drove around flooded Britain in a DUKW.

It’s called Disaster 1990. It was reprinted in a floppy a couple of years ago. Not that that precludes it from appearing in the Ultimate Collection. There is something else that might though - which is it wasn’t very good. (IMO).

Film & TV / Re: GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by Professor Bear on 23 September, 2017, 10:15:54 pm »
I guess now we know why CBS weren't too worried about The Orville - Fox have done what they usually do and the show's new (and presumably temporary) timeslot saw the ratings take a nosedive.  I guess we can stick a fork in it now, which is a shame even if I just can't unsee Star Trek when they're sitting in the ready room jawing away about a clash of cultures that can only be resolved by returning to the aliens' home planet and having a tribunal because yes episode 3 is one of those, but it's... uh... actually pretty good?  It's a thing about gender norms being surgically enforced by an all-male species and is surprisingly earnest for something that opens with a dick joke, but those looking for a TNG-scented sci-fi comfort blanket need look no further for something to cuddle.
« Last post by Frank on 23 September, 2017, 09:43:29 pm »
It has already been established in the Zenith stories that superheroes do age. Red Dragon in Phase One being a prime example.

Aye, but Siadwell''s an alkie. Someone who didn't know better might (mistakenly) assume he'd just let himself go. Ruby Fox (Voltage) is a more clear cut example, since the reversal of her age is an important plot point.*

The Zenith text piece is credited to Martin Howe**, the author of Flying High, one of the books on St John's night stand when he's visited by Lux in Phase II (595).

* When she becomes a Lloigor (632) - the other former members of Cloud 9 are horrible and beardy until they assume Lloigor form too. St John not only ages, he starts to look like Tony Blair (Zzzenith.com) - time is a cruel mistress

** Matt Smith
« Last post by Swerty on 23 September, 2017, 08:58:57 pm »
With artwork like this I want Rogue every week please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10