Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help! / Re: Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s
« Last post by Richard on Today at 12:29:24 pm »
Help! / Re: Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 11:54:16 am »
Is it my imagination but wasn't that Mike Carroll's entry to the art comp or some such one time?
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 11:48:15 am »
I had to Google "mansplaining." It doesn't really apply oop north as our women never listen to us anyway.
Prog / Re: Prog 2033: I am the resurrection
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 11:47:55 am »
Ha! That reminds me of Klarion the Witch Boy
General / Re: Judge Dredd RPG 1985
« Last post by Lobo Baggins on Today at 11:25:59 am »
By the way, I'm, going to be talking about the Games Workshop Dredd games on the Mega-City Book Club podcast soon - here is a picture of the things I found to talk about (I kept adding extra bits as I wasn't sure I had enough material - I may have over done it...)

Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 11:25:42 am »
Who would have thought that it woud be the 2000AD forums that  made me truly appreciate the irriration of mansplaining.
There has to be a band named Chief Judge Fargo's Bogie as well...
Off Topic / Re: What's your avatar all about then?
« Last post by Mikey on Today at 11:20:33 am »
Mikey SMUSH!

This is a pic I took of my Mongrol toy the day I got it. It also represents my fall down the collecting tat rabbit hole after years of being on the wagon. 
General / Re: Judge Dredd RPG 1985
« Last post by positronic on Today at 10:46:02 am »
Figures aren't strictly needed for a RPG, but they can serve some sort of function, if only to make the player-characters more aware of the distance and orientation between other players and NPCs, or distances of open spaces, potential sources of attacks (doors, buildings, the woods, etc.). Sometimes a gamemaster won't say something, assuming it's understood, but a player had a different conception of physio-spacial relationships.

If a PC knows his own speed/agility, he can better judge whether to dodge/run or parry/grapple/counterattack an opponent, for example, and GMs can indicate by pointing where threats are coming from. It seems fairer than the GM just saying "You can't do that, he's already too close, he's on you" especially if the player was counting on a short amount of time to counter an attack, say just enough to reach for a weapon, and it's slightly more realistic than having a saving roll for everything.

Plus they're just nice to look at.
Off Topic / Re: What's your avatar all about then?
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on Today at 10:39:59 am »
It's the badge/crest of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10