Main Menu

Subscribing and free gifts

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 December, 2004, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

But I can never remember when my subs anniversary is. I'll have a look at the sticker on the envelope later.

- Trout

ming

I think I did that (accidentally) and I didn't get a free gift on re-subscribing.  Not that I'm complaining; value for money, galaxy's greatest publication, etc.

Wils

I'm not sure the subs department would be very happy having every monthly subscriber cancel their direct debits and promptly re-start them every time a new gift was wheeled out, though.

Bolt-01

I've just mailed my anniversary reminder.

Bolt-01

Leigh S

Very happy with my subs, but have to say I cant recall ever having a free gift on the anniversary of my Sub - started in June 2001 and have no memory of anything in the 2002 and 2003 years.

However, by my reckoning that means I should have had fridge magnets this June just gone(as thatwas the offer at the time), but I definitely didn't get any.

Wils

Has *anyone* received all or any of their anniversary gifts?

paulvonscott

Basically the system may have been in place, but it looks like for a lot of people it hasn't been working.  I think if people have to ask for their free gift at the appropriate time, then it really isn't working properly.

paulvonscott

"We do ignore our loyal supporters. This system has been in place for several years now."

The Dictators of Zrag.

James

I've never recieved anything for subscribing or on any anniversaries of subscribing.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I too have had nothing but a Glimmer Rats GN.

It was bashed.

The cynic in me thinks they printed too many, or else got rid of all the damaged stock.
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

"The cynic in me thinks they printed too many, or else got rid of all the damaged stock."

Or they read it.

Hurr, hurr, hurr.

- Trout

Trout

Sorry - forgot to include something like this:

;-)

Hurr, hurr.

IndigoPrime

:: It was bashed.

You should see what the Heroclix figures look like when they arrive. My Nemesis looked like someone had stamped on it.

test 4 echo

Seems I'm the only one here pissed off with subs dept. Fed up enough to cancel and look elsewhere.

Had enough promises of replacement progs that don't arrive, several calls over a period of months calls saying my card has been declined even though there are (unsually) a couple of grand in the bank, getting a shitty letter saying my sub has been terminated, then sub restarting unannounced after a gap of 3 progs, one meg and a EE but getting the sub bill backdated to cover the progs that never arrived. And like everyone else if there is the freebiewhatever on renewal I have never had it.

Really, whats the point? Prog arrives 2 days early, well it usually lies around for a few days till I get to read it. Slightly cheaper, okay but it's pennies really. The Extreme editions I wish I never put them on my sub, it's reprints, I have them and couple I didn't like first time round. The freebies you (don't) get when you renew, it's a fucking poster. Yes lovely bit of art but like the majority of boarders, according to the latest poll, I'm in my 30's. It's been 20 years since I put a poster of anything on the wall.

If I pick them up at Smiths or newsagent I might get a copy that hasn't been folded and battered in the post, I can skip an issue if the current run of stories doesn't grab me, not getting 2k when the next Valkeries/Synamon crap is published would show the admittedly very slight dip in sales that says "oi green bollox it's shit" that doesn't get said if I had a sub.

Seriously, what's the benefit of subs? If an early prog and a couple of quid are not an issue and there are shops on every corner where you can buy it if you want to and can be arsed calling in, seems to make sense to cancel my sub. Before they cancel it for me, again.

Sorry it's all a bit negative, but 3 progs have been missed in the last 2 months and it's really screwed up the Total War and Traitor storylines.

paulvonscott

Hmmm.. this may be met with another terse response (as per the first one, not written by someone versed with PR, you would expect) from Rebellion (who for the record I have a lot of respect for), but I've watched a lot of people complain this year about missing progs, damp progs, etc.  

That isn't rebellion doing that.  That's the people rebellion pay who are doing it.  Don't get tetchy with the readers, get tetchy with the system. Don't assume people are complaining for the sake of it and you are tired of listening to it.  Actually listen!  For everyone complaining, there is another 99+ people who are just fuming in silence.  And they will walk away without a word.

As someone who 'overhears' customers all day, believe it!  It's not british to complain directly, so they just bugger off and don't come back!  Make even a small effort, and acknowledge problems and the customers are perfectly understanding.  

Sorry if that seemed like a rant, it's meant well!