Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Flaming Carrot in the Wally Squad is inspired!

judda fett

Cheers Colin, always thought there'd be some great dialogue between these two and Dirty Frank.

SuperSurfer

Great Captain Britains flip-r mk2.

Brilliant Wally Squad stuff, judgefett. Made me chuckle.

Surely we have to do a '2000AD team-up' theme for one of the forum art comps.

judda fett

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 12 October, 2012, 02:36:04 PM
Great Captain Britains flip-r mk2.

Brilliant Wally Squad stuff, judgefett. Made me chuckle.

Cheers SuperSurfer, 'Team Ups' definately be a good art comp theme aye.

staticgirl

*imagines Judge Bunty dispensing justice alongside Cass*

judda fett

Quote from: staticgirl on 21 October, 2012, 02:55:04 PM
*imagines Judge Bunty dispensing justice alongside Cass*

C'mon Static you've got to do it now!

Jim_Campbell

As I recall, it was mentioned before and we shied away from it because, whilst it's one thing for people to post any damn thing they please to the various art/sketch threads, it was possibly a different case if Rebellion, even indirectly, was seen to solicit or encourage copyright infringement. Also, some companies are very twitchy about seeing their characters depicted with characters belonging to other companies...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

judda fett

Thats a shame, surely theres ways around it using a limited pool of characters say from obsolete comics or publishers or something? Would like to see Rupert vs Shako now but not a Venus Bluegenes and Smurfette team up.

DoomBot

You know how you sometimes start something and it all seems to go wrong for no good reason. That's this. I give up. Whatever reason or idea I had that made me start has vanished. Time to move on...

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 October, 2012, 03:31:21 PM

As I recall, it was mentioned before and we shied away from it because, whilst it's one thing for people to post any damn thing they please to the various art/sketch threads, it was possibly a different case if Rebellion, even indirectly, was seen to solicit or encourage copyright infringement. Also, some companies are very twitchy about seeing their characters depicted with characters belonging to other companies...

Cheers

Jim
Yes, I recall that discussion and totally agree that we should shy away from any use of non-Rebellion characters in a forum competition.

This time I was thinking we could do Team-Up but only with 2000AD characters, in the way that Marvel Team-up and Two-in-one would feature only Marvel characters.

Eg ABC Warriors and Droid Life, Shako and Bonjo, etc.

Anyway, this thread is about pictures. Apologies for the diversion.

judda fett

Nice one Doombot. What goes on Tor, stays on Tor (or any sundry henge).

Dodsy

I've posted a link to this in some other threads so sorry if I'm getting on people's nerves but was wondering if people wouldn't mind spending 10 minutes reading a small script I've posted. Just wondering what people think and maybe even catch and artists or two's attention.

The link is here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37274.0.html

Hope people enjoy  :)
Twitter - @dodsy84

CrazyFoxMachine

You're DEFINITELY going the right way about getting some attention. Here's a tip that always guarantees a critique: say that you're THE BEST AT WRITING in the post title. You'll encourage vitriol.

Or HERE'S an idea, send the script to a small press editor or writer rather than just posting it up and going "CHECK THIS OUT" and spamming all the art threads. If you're not willing to then you'll just have to accept people's silence as a critique in of itself. Which is not rewarding or fun.

Danbo

Dredds mush,it's all I can be arsed to draw due to being knackered from work... I can't think what to put in the background though at the moment so it's stalled untill I think of something.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Dandontdare

Whatever the background, that's some damn good mush DBJ!