Main Menu

Hershey in the Megazine

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 June, 2009, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well the re-read while slowed down a heck of a lot is still chugging along. There's probably quite a lot worth mentioning about Volume 2 of the Megazine, such as why some great Wagner scripts are being so poorly served by the art BUT for whatever reason (and it might well be tiredness) the thing I actually want to talk about is Hershey. Its so frustrating. Going in I really didn't have high expectations but Cullen's art while not immediately captivating had an ease that drew me in and the stories are almost good, just not quite. The ideas are there and bits of the scripting is fine its just over all they never quite make it.

Case in point 'The Harlequin's Dance'. Fine idea, good villian and Hershey is handled well but all that potential is lost as the story feels rushed and the ending seems to ...well... just end I guess. I'd guess that Goldkind thought it was all very clever and Vertigoesque, full of mystery and intriguing engima but I found it just vague and unsatisfactory. Real shame cos these stories in more experienced hands could have been very good?