Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cripes, hippy, I missed that one completely: awful situation to be in. No chance you have mortgage protection to soften the gamble? Obviously dont know the specifics of your industry, but my but own feeling is always to hang on and try to find another job while still in employment, rather than jump first and rely on a cash float. My own career and finances are a carcrash, and I often feel it's this tendency to delay my exit that has been a big part of the problem, so heed your own counsel! You do have my sympathy, though.

Tiplodocus

Surely you'd still get the pay out if your job was made redundant? Plus mortgage payment protection insurance normally kicks in (assuming you have it). I'm not sure if that's the case If you volunteer for redundancy. So check these things out as part of your decision making.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Smith

I got into an argument with my sister over something stupid,we both said things we didnt mean.And now I feel terrible about it.

The Legendary Shark

We've all been there. The sooner you apologise (whether it's your fault or not), the sooner it'll be behind you. My advice, for what it's worth, is to not let the situation fester - buy her a bit of her favourite thing and make peace.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Shark speaks the truth. Apologise soon and regardless, small token never hurts. You're stuck with your siblings to the end, may as well make the journey as pleasant as possible.

Smith

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 June, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
Sorry, somehow clicked on page 1 of the thread and thought it was the most recent post.  Never been good at reading dates. 
Just when Steev was living it down, as well!

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 17 June, 2017, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 June, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
Sorry, somehow clicked on page 1 of the thread and thought it was the most recent post.  Never been good at reading dates. 
Just when Steev was living it down, as well!

Could've been worse. Could've been bumslug.

von Boom

Went to my car this morning only to find it had been swiped down the driver's side. No information, no note, no class.

SuperSurfer

The freelancer zero hour contract type existence! >:(

The Legendary Shark

Twanged a muscle in the back of my leg - walking like an octogenarian looking for his Zimmer.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

My tablet went nuts.With the freezing and menus randomly opening up...It really cuts down my comic reading.Dammit.

Tjm86

Is it an iPad mini?  There's a weird glitch with the screen on some of them which means it basically goes ballistic.  Best way to describe it is like it has been taken over by a poltergeist!  I think it's something to do with the digitiser.  Pain in the neck.  Especially if the warranty has just expired!

Modern Panther

Was supposed to be moving house yesterday, but thanks to a solicitor hiding problems and only revealing them at the last minute, I am now without a house until at least Monday.  If not for family and the kindness of people I barely know, I'd be sleeping in my car.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]