Main Menu

Marauder

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 November, 2010, 07:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Marauder is the tale of an ex-cadet trying to adjust to life in Mega City One outside the Academy in a dangerous and violent city he's been trained to control. Its a tale of a troubled teenager in Mega City One. If you had all those emotions and and hormones running around in a city like that quite how much trouble would you get yourself into, a little more than just getting barked at by the College librarian that's for sure. Its kinda Spiderman set in Dredd's world. Ok so Danny our hero isn't exactly filled with self doubt and teen angst but then being raised where he has that isn't going to be the problem. The city breeds an entirely different kind of 'hero' the complexities and layers of Lee and Ditko's favourite son transcribed to a 2000ad mentality and...

Arh damnit who am I kidding its just a wonderfully drawn action packed thriller and bloody great fun for that. Its been said my numerous people, myself amongst them, that there is a place for a simple high octane romp in 2000ad and in many ways 'Marauder' fits right into that camp. It might not have changed my life, or given me great insight but I sped through it with thrilling easy and enjoyed ever moment of it. Its not a classic but I'm glad this sort of story is still there. Just a shame this one didn't get the sequel it so called out for.

Clobberin' time (I know I know)