Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Thought it was about time to refresh this thread.

2000 AD:

Age of the Wolf II by Alec Worley/Jon Davis-Hunt - starts prog 1772
The Zaucer of Zilk by Al Ewing/Brendan McCarthy - starts prog 1775
Judge Dredd: The Death of Dan-E Cannon by Chris Weston - (one-off) TBC
The Grevious Journey of Ichabod Azrael (and the Dead Left in his Wake): Manhunt by Rob Williams/Dom Reardon - starts TBC
Rogue Trooper (35th anniversary 'alternative' special, title TBC) by Andy Diggle/Colin Wilson - (one-off February 2012)
Damnation Station (Book 2, title TBC) by Al Ewing/Artist TBC - starts TBC
Ampney Crucis Investigates... The Entropy Tango by Ian Edginton/Simon Davis(?) - starts TBC
Lenny Zero (new series) by Andy Diggle/Jock(?) - starts TBC
ABC Warriors (new series, title TBC) by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - starts TBC
Low Life (possible new series/details TBC) by Rob Williams(?)/Artist TBC - starts TBC
The Red Seas (final series, title TBC) by Ian Edginton/Steve Yeowell - starts TBC
Cadet Anderson: Algol (6 episodes)by Alan Grant/Steve Yeowell - starts TBC
Durham Red (possible new series, title TBC) by Alan Grant/Carlos Ezquerra - starts TBC

Judge Dredd Megazine:

Judge Dredd: The Guile Show by Writer/Artist TBC - (one-off) Meg 321
Samizdat Squad: Grey Zone by Arthur Wyatt/PJ Holden* - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Exquisite Corpses by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Ship of Fools by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
SnapShot (creator-owned, replaces American Reaper) by Andy Diggle/Jock - starts Meg 322(?)
Hondo-City Justice (title TBC) by Robbie Morrison/Mike Collins/Cliff Robinson - starts TBC
Insurrection III(TBC) by Dan Abnett/Colin Macniel - starts TBC
The Simping Detective (possible new series, details TBC) by Si Spurrier/Artist TBC - starts TBC

Megazine Graphic Novel Supplements:

Death Planet/Angel (Meg 321)
Purgatory (Meg 322)
Harry Kipling (Meg 323)

2000ad Graphic Novels - UK (provisional list - subject to change):

Ampney Crucis Investigates: Vile Bodies - TBC 2012
Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 02 - Feb 2012
Judge Dredd: The Day the Law Died (B format, Feb 2012)
Kingdom: Call of the Wild - Mar 2012
Mega-City Undercover Volume 02: Living the Low Life - April 2012
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 19 - May 2012
Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth (B format, May 2012)
Absalom: Ghosts of London (June 2012)
Slaine: Treasures of Britain (June 2012)
Savage: The Guv'nor (July 2012)
Strontium Dog: The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha (July 2012)
Judge Dredd: The Restricted Files 04 (Aug 2012)
Shakara: The Destroyer (Aug 2012)
Judge Dredd: The Dark Judges (B format, Sep 2012)

2000ad/Simon & Schuster Graphic Novels - US (provisional list - all subject to change):

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 04 - Dec 2011
Judge Anderson: The Psychic Crime Files - Jan 2012
Judge Dredd: Crusade - Feb 2012
Slaine: The Books of Invasions - Mar 2012
Leviathan - Apr 2012
Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu Earth 01 - May 2012
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 05 - June 2012
Judge Dredd: When Judges Go Bad (June 2012)
The Grevious Journey of Ichabod Azrael (and the Dead Left in his Wake) - July 2012
Shakara: The Destroyer - Aug 2012
Strontium Dog: Mutant For Hire - Aug 2012
Judge Dredd: Cry of the Werewolf - Sep 2012

Other Media:

2000AD Cover Art Featuring Judge Dredd - Hardback art book (Sep 2012)
Judge Dredd (1995 Movie) - Blu Ray (TBC 2012)

Gonk

Cheers for the heads up. Plenty to look forward too I'd say.
coming at a cinema near you soon

The Adventurer

Where did the news of the Judge Dredd Blu-Ray come from? Is it just a UK release?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

radiator

I've got a strong hunch that we'll be seeing a UK/US Blu ray release to coincide with the new film - its already out in France and Germany - and Googling it I found it on a list of forthcoming releases. Still very much TBC though.

radiator

It's only just occurred to me that, with Johnny Alpha back on the scene, the proposed new series of Durham Red could essentially be a spin-off of the revived Strontium Dog, maybe even connected in some way to the events of The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha?

Mardroid

I haven't read much Durham Red apart from her small role in The Final Solution when she speaks with McNulty on the blower, kind of 'elseworld's' stuff that was in the latest release of Fiends of the Eastern Front (which doesn't really count as it's not really her, her) and the reprint that came with last month's Meg. (Cracking read by the way.)

The stuff I've read could easy fit either Strontium Dog continuity, I.e. [spoiler]Johnny being dead or everyone thinking he is dead.[/spoiler] As for the other stories, I understand they're mainly set further in the future after a period of hibernation of her own. I thought that maybe the current SD stories were set while she is in hibernation.

When she woke up she wouldn't necessarily know that he had returned, or dismissed any historical accounts of his return as nonsense and conjecture. I haven't read any of that material, but from the small blurb attached to the collections I get the impression the historical accounts would be pretty spurious if the mutants of that age think of her as some kind of goddess. In fact his apparent resurrection could have added to her own apocryphal 'history'.

Of course there could be stuff in those collections that disputes this. I haven't read them, as I said.

Emperor

Quote from: radiator on 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PMAmpney Crucis Investigates: Vile Bodies - TBC 2012

Possibly a copy and paste error but this is out (and in need of reviews at Amazon):

www.amazon.co.uk/Ampney-Crucis-Investigates-Vile-Bodies/dp/1907992944/
http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/ampney_crucis_investigates_vile_bodies
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

From Boo Cook:

QuoteI'm currently working on a new five-part Judge Anderson, Psi strip called 'Stone Voices' with Alan Grant. That should be surfacing in the Judge Dredd Megazine in the summer

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-2000ad-from-art-droid_14.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Max Headroom

Not sure where to post this,hope here is okay.
Does anyone know if 'Slaine: Demon Killer' has gone to a subsequent printing with the Dice Man strip error rectified? (I own a 1st print, but admit I am a stickler for such things!)
Thanks.

Goosegash

Ooh, I hadn't heard about new Simping Detective. I was thinking the other day how long it must've been since he was last in the Meg - six years at least. But no Fraser? That's disappointing.

vark

I'm usually amazed by the fact that some GN re-re-reprints of 2000AD material (Kev Walker's ABC Warriors for example) become quite rapidly hard to find books. Does someone has an idea of the average circulation of a GN Rebellion reprint, and does it depends on the character ?
Same question for subsequent prints (like the actual second print of the complete Nemesis vol 3)?

WhitBloke

Glad to see we'll be getting more of Judge Anderson's cadet career, and with Steve Yeowell art no less.  Rather hoping it's black and white.  Always enjoy Yeowell in b/w and maybe Alan Grant's going to go "stark and harrowing" again, which would surely work. 
Got my fanboy fingers crossed for a yesteryear appearance by old-timers Feyy or Ecks just for the juxtaposition with a young Anderson but I somehow just know I won't be disappointed whatever shows up on the page.
What's that?  There are other upcoming thrills?  I missed them because they weren't similarly in bold and didn't draw my lazy, suggestible eye so well?

*Double checks the list*

Oh, Tharg, 'tis surely a year to check my thrill capacitors.  Cracking stuff to look forward to.  Durham Red with Ezquerra!  The conclusion of Red Seas!  The 2000AD cover art book!  Lovely.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Mardroid

Quote from: WhitBloke on 18 February, 2012, 07:43:36 PM
Glad to see we'll be getting more of Judge Anderson's cadet career, and with Steve Yeowell art no less.  Rather hoping it's black and white.

Judging by the Thrills of the Future preview picture,[spoiler] it is. Unless they're just showcasing his pre-coloured work.[/spoiler]

radiator

They do sometimes preview colour artwork in B&W, most recently with Strange & Darke.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Goosegash on 17 February, 2012, 12:51:15 AM
Ooh, I hadn't heard about new Simping Detective. I was thinking the other day how long it must've been since he was last in the Meg - six years at least. But no Fraser? That's disappointing.

Especially if Tharg passes us off with some hack like D'Israeli, Edmund Bagwell or Henry Flint.  ;)

One imagines that the Spurrier droid's diodew would implode if Ol' Green Bonce said to him, "Now that Fraser's at a loose end what with DC cancelling Xombi how about we get him to knock up some more of that Simping jazz instead of completing Gutsville/"
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"