Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Felt the most recent one was terribly slight.

Timothy

I managed to spot the hare last night.

Dark Jimbo

Loved the final episode - really atmospheric! And Nigel Planer was great.

Best bit came during the credits, though - the news that there'll be a Series 5!
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Halloween Special on tonight on BBC2 at 10pm! It's live too!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've never watched this but have Sky+'d the one tonight
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Hah, that was good fun, if a bit risky from an audience retention point of view  Stephanie Cole was great.

Frank

Quote from: Buttonman on 28 October, 2018, 08:50:44 PM

They got me. Not sure whether this episode of The Mash Report is part of it ...

JamesC

That was a pretty audacious stunt. Pulled off brilliantly though - loved it.

Frank

Multimedia pranking:

The Sun, 25/10/2018

CORONATION Street stars from years gone by are haunting the soap's old set at the Granada Studios in Manchester.

The spooky goings-on are thought to have got so bad, that BBC Two show Inside No 9 has even pulled out of filming there.

According to the Daily Star, stars of the comedy series Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith have decided not to film their live Halloween special at the studio, after hearing it was haunted.

The actors were reportedly freaked out by rumours that Jean Alexander and Pat Phoenix, who played Hilda Ogden and Elsie Tanner on the soap, often visit the set as ghosts.

It is not the first time the set, which hosted the ITV soap for 53 years, has been associated with supernatural encounters.

Last year, a band were left horrified when their equipment randomly exploded during a rehearsal for the Granadaland music festival on set.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7588019/granada-studios-haunted-coronation-street/

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 28 October, 2018, 08:50:44 PM

Missed that.
Bollix.

pauljholden

It's on watch again - was pretty fantastic,  yet I'd imagine on live would have been amazing.

Buttonman

I'm claiming I was wise to it all along but I did go through to tell the wife it was broken and a repeat was on instead. Must have thought something was afoot though as I didn't switch over.

In short : hook, line and indeed sinker.

Steve Green

Smelled a rat at the second breakdown, aaaalmost fell for it on the repeat but then the music started to go off.

Played me perfectly.

Did make me wonder a bunch of things though - how much of the original script was written out, wonder if anyone has lip-read the inaudible bits.

What role the action-cam on Reece's helmet would have played in the 'planned' episode since it was wired up to a channel, whether the sub-titles were done live or pre-prepared, and if pre-done that they purposely left mistakes in.

Think the only thing that fell a bit flat was [spoiler]Stephanie Cole's cutting her own throat - thought they might have rigged a bigger blood spurt for that (or they did and it didn't go to plan)[/spoiler]

Also guessing the rehearsal bits were pre-recorded rather than having to get people in and out of costumes/cleaned up within the live bits?

TordelBack

I'd like to meet the person [spoiler]who didn't check the sound on their TV,  or say "ah bollocks" when they cut to a repeat[/spoiler].

I'm also [spoiler]presuming none of it was actually live - that was part of the con[/spoiler].

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 October, 2018, 08:31:21 PM
I'm also [spoiler]presuming none of it was actually live - that was part of the con[/spoiler].

Must have been - here's the tweet* Shearsmith sent during the show:

* Shearsmith said he was contacting Gatiss on 'the WhatsApp group', but come on - very funny and speaks volumes about how into this they were and how much fun they were having