Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Quote from: NapalmKev on 06 June, 2023, 08:37:36 AMTonight I'm going to see the mighty 'Carcass'

Cheers

Jeff Walker is an absolute bellend.
Good looking tour though, some small venues should give great atmosphere. Be interested to know how the gig goes - hope you have a great time.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: nxylas on 06 June, 2023, 11:11:50 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 June, 2023, 08:50:09 AMThen Thursday saw the new (to me, they aren't new at all) The Burning Hell, who were introduced to me a couple of months ago by a friend from work. They are similarly fantastic and the atmopshere in 'The Pax' was just amazing.
I'd never heard of The Burning Hell either until last September, when Bird Queen Of Garbage Island popped up on my Spotify Discover Weekly. Now they seem to be everywhere.

My spotify algrithm is obsessed with Amateur Rappers and Barbarians!

sintec

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 06 June, 2023, 11:21:33 AMJeff Walker is an absolute bellend.
Good looking tour though, some small venues should give great atmosphere. Be interested to know how the gig goes - hope you have a great time.

Bellend is better than sex pest - which it appears Lindemann from Rammstein has now been outed as

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sintec on 06 June, 2023, 12:49:26 PMBellend is better than sex pest - which it appears Lindemann from Rammstein has now been outed as

Yeah. If the tiniest bit of the allegations is true, he deserves to go to prison.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Barrington Boots

Just read up on that. I agree, if true, the guy is a scumbag and should go to prison.

nxylas

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 June, 2023, 11:39:16 AMMy Spotify algorithm is obsessed with Amateur Rappers and Barbarians!
Barbarians?

Mine is pretty good at pointing me in the direction of new stuff I like...or old songs I'd forgotten about. The other week, for example, it played me Love Your Money by Daisy Chainsaw, a brilliant song that I hadn't thought about in maybe 30 years.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: nxylas on 06 June, 2023, 02:58:08 PMBarbarians?

'There lived a little viking boy...' from People.

Quote from: nxylas on 06 June, 2023, 02:58:08 PMMine is pretty good at pointing me in the direction of new stuff I like...or old songs I'd forgotten about. The other week, for example, it played me Love Your Money by Daisy Chainsaw, a brilliant song that I hadn't thought about in maybe 30 years.

Funnily enough Spotify has started playing that to me a lot at the moment as well?!?

Leigh S

You'll want to catch up with Queen Adreena if you havent heard the marvellous Katie Jane Garside in 30 years - throw in some Ruby Throat while you're there!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 June, 2023, 03:03:10 PM
Quote from: nxylas on 06 June, 2023, 02:58:08 PMBarbarians?

'There lived a little viking boy...' from People.

Quote from: nxylas on 06 June, 2023, 02:58:08 PMMine is pretty good at pointing me in the direction of new stuff I like...or old songs I'd forgotten about. The other week, for example, it played me Love Your Money by Daisy Chainsaw, a brilliant song that I hadn't thought about in maybe 30 years.

Funnily enough Spotify has started playing that to me a lot at the moment as well?!?

nxylas

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 June, 2023, 03:03:10 PMFunnily enough Spotify has started playing that to me a lot at the moment as well?!?
At least one other person has told me the same thing.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

sheridan

Narrowly managing to post this before the gig instead of after, but I'm going to this tonight:

Last July + Meg Lee Chin + Sex Bandit + Oogan + Guru Honey Badger at the Dublin Castle, Camden.

sintec

Quote from: sheridan on 14 June, 2023, 03:49:11 PMNarrowly managing to post this before the gig instead of after, but I'm going to this tonight:

Last July + Meg Lee Chin + Sex Bandit + Oogan + Guru Honey Badger at the Dublin Castle, Camden.

I had no idea Meg Lee Chin was still a going concern. Love her album Piece and Love.

sheridan

Quote from: sintec on 15 June, 2023, 09:32:15 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 14 June, 2023, 03:49:11 PMNarrowly managing to post this before the gig instead of after, but I'm going to this tonight:

I had no idea Meg Lee Chin was still a going concern. Love her album Piece and Love.

I'll tell you something, I'd be very happy if I was as energetic as Meg is at the age of 63 (leaving aside that I'm below fifty and not as energetic at the moment...)

NapalmKev

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 06 June, 2023, 11:21:33 AM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 06 June, 2023, 08:37:36 AMTonight I'm going to see the mighty 'Carcass'

Cheers

Jeff Walker is an absolute bellend.

It was absolutely mental. Carcass were loud as hell and the same goes for the first band , Conjurer, who I'd never listened to before but the impressed me so much I bought an album.

Highlight of the night was bumping into 'Barney' from Napalm Death!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Barrington Boots

Nice and nice pic! I caved and went to see Carcass here in Brum in the end. I'm not hugely sold on their newer stuff but still a really great set. I deliberately missed Conjurer - saw them in London supporting Obituary and they were absolutely appalling!
I went down to Camden for Jungle Rot this week. Drokk, it was hot. There was some onstage petulance over a mic that de-energised the second half of the set a little, but still a fantastic show: wall to wall old school DM.