Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

It's an absolutely stunning piece of work. Congratulations to everyone involved. You can hear Steve talking about making the film on the latest episode of my podcast.

Dandontdare

Totally awesome and better than the version I saw at Thoughtbubble - the extra scenes really make it clearer what's going on. Well done guys and thank you for making this for us!

Mardroid

Quote from: Steve Green on 24 May, 2017, 08:06:37 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 24 May, 2017, 03:00:17 AM
I've seen the original version already, and it was very good. This version is great!

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that [spoiler]despite having seen the film a few times (albeit mainly the other version) I only just realised that the scream the Colonel hears is the voice of his future self! I just assumed (like him) it was a previous victim of the Chuckwalla (which in a timey wimey way is true)  although the story works that way too.

So when Johnny's scans that area, he is effective seeing future events a few seconds on (from his POV) ... which he then triggers with the time bomb. Brilliant!
[/spoiler]
I'm so slow sometimes.

Yeah, I don't think you're the only one on that score - I think we made it a bit more explicit in this version, we didn't want to make it too spoonfed.

Yes, a good way to go. [spoiler]The lovely thing is, of you don't pick up on it, it still works. The colonel shows no surprise when he hears the scream after all, and his response suggests feeding his enemies or even annoying employees to the chuckwalla is a regular occurrence. [/spoiler]

Lobo Baggins

Holy sneck!  That was brilliant!

Congratulations and thanks to all involved, I really enjoyed that.  It really was like the comic come to life.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Steve Green

8-Ball

Well, that was just... neat.  :D My favourite part was Johnny and Wulf passing time on the ship. I just love character stuff like that. Excellent work, my hearty congratulations to everyone who took part.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Steve Green

Thanks - that was a hairy moment - we were supposed to be booked into the larger of the 2 studios at the green screen place, and they'd booked us into the smaller one.

The set only just fit.

Also meant that we couldn't light the green screen separately which made the keying around the top (the window area was all CG) a lot harder than it should have been.

TordelBack

Well you made it work - it's a great sequence: it quickly establishes Johnny & Wulf's relationship; the low status of Stronts; and the tedious reality of much of their work.  Not bad for cramped quarters!

Jim_Campbell

Watched this again, on the TV this time. My nonscrot (but otherwise excellent) wife declared it to be brilliant. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Steve Green

For those on FB, I've uploaded a few outtakes, behind the scenes stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/strontiumdogfanfilm/

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 May, 2017, 10:55:12 AM
For those on FB, I've uploaded a few outtakes, behind the scenes stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/strontiumdogfanfilm/

These are solid gold - fantastic insight into the effort poured into this :)

Grant Goggans

That was incredibly entertaining.  Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work.  It was worth it.

Steve Green

Thanks Grant, glad you enjoyed it!

terryworld

fantastic job guys! kudos to all involved!