Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

I really hope so mate. I was kind of unaware the Volumes were like this. Bought them all but the volumes you just mentioned ive yet to read.

Jade Falcon

Weird Science was a bit of a mixed bag.  The Pussyfoot 5 stories were.....different, but amusing.  Did they do any others with that team?

Inspector Strange.  Despite what I initially was fearing I really enjoyed.  If Strange had been a TV series I could almost imagine him sounding like Gene Hunt. :) 

The Inspectre stories were in my mind really nice.  It was a revelation that by the end Primakova was a semi sympathetic character.  Wondering if what had been done to her had twisted her so much.

Cabal.  Sorry, I tried to like this, but what I think worked against it for me was the art.  I just did not like the art style, perhaps if it had been different.  Alternatively a reread later on might also change my opinions.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Inspector Strange is one of the great underused elements of Dredd's wider world, really adding something unique to Brit Cit.  Incredibly silly, but at the same time, unsettling.  While I'm hoping he'll escape the farming out of Smith's characters long enough for the great man himself to pick up the reins one day (unlikely on both counts, I fear), I would equally love to see a crossover with Storm Warning, the other supernatural going concern in that neck of the woods.

robert_ellis

You never see Inspector Jehrico Strange and Dark Judge Mortis together do you?

TordelBack

Greg M.

Quote from: robert_ellis on 25 November, 2017, 05:46:48 PM
You never see Inspector Jehrico Strange and Dark Judge Mortis together do you?

I can't think what you're implying - one's a horse and one's a sheep. They're less alike than virtually any pair of regular flesh-free humans. ;)

Tjm86

Fair enough, but only a Welshman would reaaaally be able to tell the difference.   >:D

abelardsnazz

I enjoyed Weird Science, but shouldn't it have been spelt Pscience?

Two great different, but brilliant, spin-offs from Devlin Waugh, showcasing the range of weirdness John Smith brings to the table. Loved them both.

Quality stuff with the Inspectre - intriguing origin story, then his struggles against powers both supernatural and terrestrial were well told and drawn.

I liked the idea in Cabal of the presence of Exorcist judges being an invitation rather than a deterrent to demonic forces, however I think this would have worked better being developed further, as per John Freeman's comments.

Is the thinking that Stars of Psi Division will collect Janus, Karyn and Storm Warning? Should be an ideal companion volume to this one if so.

Jade Falcon

I really did enjoy the Inspectre, especially having a story from the perspective of the Sov-Block.

Now I'm wondering.  There was an Orlok story I remember reading part of, I'm pretty sure its post Childhood's End, and it involved him returning to MC-1 for....reasons.  In other words I don't know.  He contacts Anderson in advance and she warns him to stay away.  Apologies but that's all I remember about it.  Does anyone know the story I'm referring to and whether it will be featured.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Richard

That sounds like Return of the Assassin, which is in Case Files 30.

Jade Falcon

Thanks for that, any chance it'll turn up in the Mega Collection?

EDazzling

Jade Falcon

Mardroid

Coincidentally I was just about to order that as part of the 50% Hachette Partworks Black Friday sale.

Confusing thing is, the prices on the site, don't reflect their advertisement in my email inbox! I thought the discount might be applied in the payment stage, but apparently not.

I'll likely still get it (and other back -issues in the collection) at some point as £9.99 is still excellent value for a comic hardback collection. But those repetitive emails from Hachette were rather confusing. No discount code was mentioned either!

I messaged Hachette on facebook. Maybe I'll get a reply soon. Sale ends today however, but we'll see!

Dark Jimbo

Here is your answer, Mardroid:

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 November, 2017, 02:22:05 PM
They give and they taketh away:
QuoteDon't miss our Black Friday sale this weekend with up to 50% off selected products! From Marvel graphic novels to relaxing Art therapy, buy someone the perfect gift, or treat yourself this Black Friday weekend.

Visit www.hachettepartworks.com to bag yourself a bargain!
50% off all titles excluding 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection, Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection and all licensed products published after 24 May 2017.
@jamesfeistdraws