Main Menu

MEG 370 : THE KRAIT BARRIER REEF

Started by Buttonman, 12 March, 2016, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

This is assuming Terrorizer still exists. I haven't seen it in the newsstands recently. I hope it's fine - music fans need a bit of choice.

My comments make it look like there are NO metallers that read The Meg - of course you do, I'm sorry. It'll probably be your word of mouth that helps it succeed. Last time I had any connections with the scene everyone was reading Spawn and Lobo so forgive any generalisations....

metcalfecarr

The front cover design has been terrible for the last few issues and looks really amateur which is a shame as PyeParr had been doing sterling work on the design front.

ROTD however is just abysmal and is like watching Skins where you just thought the writers were trying to be really ruse because they thought it was contoversial when really they just looked crap.  "Yeah let's say cu*t because it's radical and cool" " oh look he said cu*t. Maybe the writers should grow up"
Meanwhile been really enjoying the Meg for the last year or so with its new Dreddworld stuff from Strange and Dark on. Would rather have that than a lot of the creator owned stuff
Dave Metcalfe-Carr

Greg M.

Quote from: staticgirl on 24 March, 2016, 02:47:40 PM
This is assuming Terrorizer still exists. I haven't seen it in the newsstands recently. I hope it's fine - music fans need a bit of choice.

It's still out there, as far as I'm aware. I was a rabid devotee of the magazine between about 1995 and 2005, but now only pick it up occasionally. Iron Fist is more my speed these days (written mostly by ex-Terrorizer types.)

Quote from: staticgirl on 24 March, 2016, 02:47:40 PM
My comments make it look like there are NO metallers that read The Meg - of course you do, I'm sorry.

It'd be interesting to know what the overlap between metallers and 2000AD fans is these days. I'm pretty sure there was a time when it was quite substantial.

WhizzBang

Nobody in this thread is talkining about Angel Zero - perhaps you have all read it before - but I thought it was very good.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WhizzBang on 28 March, 2016, 04:22:18 PM
Nobody in this thread is talkining about Angel Zero - perhaps you have all read it before - but I thought it was very good.

Loved it when it was in the Prog. Shame it was a little over looked at the time. Still at least the creators teamed up again for The Order.

staticgirl

Yes I really liked Angel Zero and was pleased to get it collected. I remember loving that cover that looked like an oil painting. I thought it was beautiful.

Fungus

Liked Angel Zero a lot. If "overlooked" at the time, TMO didn't miss a trick by teaming the creators up again.

Hawkmumbler

Sadly as much as I adore The Order by Kek-W and Burns, Angel Zero did nothing for me first time around and did little for me kn a reread. It was OK, in hindsight, just not my cuppa which is odd because it really, really ought to be.

Spaceghost

Well I'm absolutely loving Realm of the Damned.

Just as I can enjoy a thoughtful, arthouse cinema thinky-fest one day and a gory, expoitative shlock flick the next, I have zero problem wallowing in blood, swearing and tits in the beautifully drawn world that Alec Worley and Pye Parr are creating.

It's by far the best creator owned strip to appear in the Meg to date.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...