Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 14 July, 2018, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: moogie101 on 14 July, 2018, 01:39:41 PM
Have you tried looking on eBay, much cheaper than hachette and how I picked up most of the dredd series.

I gave it a look but most stuff listed at the moment was around the same price as Hachette once I factored in postage (Hachette's was free for 3+ books).  That or they were volumes I had less interest in.  I'll be keeping my eyes on it to see if I can pick up any of the others I've got earmarked though.

Your best bet by far - assuming you can - is to go to Forbidden Planet. Yesterday I got Lawless and Crazy Town for less than a fiver each in Southampton; last time I was in London I got Complete PJ Maybe and Mad City for only 3.99 each...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Nellgrove on 16 July, 2018, 11:59:26 AM
Which post contains the most recent list of what's planned for the initial 80? Keep delaying subscribing, but getting more and more tempted.
Visit the wikipedia page which lists the books to date as well as most of what will make up the collection as it stands

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 July, 2018, 12:27:12 PM
Your best bet by far - assuming you can - is to go to Forbidden Planet. Yesterday I got Lawless and Crazy Town for less than a fiver each in Southampton; last time I was in London I got Complete PJ Maybe and Mad City for only 3.99 each...!

Cheers for the tip - I work in Cambridge so it's a possibility, although it's quite a trek from the office and parking/driving in Cambridge is a nightmare.

sintec

In fact a quick check of their website showed they had the 3rd Day Of Chaos book for a £5 so I nabbed that and the Wogue Wobots volume which was at a similar price point.  All without having to negotiate the Cambridge traffic

abelardsnazz

Enjoyed ABC Warriors volume 2, yes there's a bit of preaching from Uncle Pat but that doesn't get in the way of the action and humour. Stunning art throughout too, and it's good to see SMS getting some well-deserved recognition.

bedlamvr

Hi ... I was just wondering if anyone knows when the premium subcription (ha!j figurines are supposed to be released .

Tomwe

Anyone who didn't get the Shakara volume might want to check out Forbidden Planet's sale, where they are selling it for £2.99. (plus a quid for postage)

https://forbiddenplanet.com/230836-2000ad-the-ultimate-collection-issue-3-shakara-the-avenger/

bernardsfingers

Quote from: bedlamvr on 24 July, 2018, 07:16:19 AM
Hi ... I was just wondering if anyone knows when the premium subcription (ha!j figurines are supposed to be released .
From the Ultimate Collection site:
Your first premium subscription gift will arrive with your delivery of issues 11 and 12 and then you will receive your next figurine every 7th delivery thereafter.

So I guess the next one is due with issue 25/26.

bernardsfingers

Actually, further to this I just checked my hachette account & it's showing that issues 23 & 24 are currently being dispatched (as of 20th July) along with Premium figure 2 - which doesn't match the schedule on their website.

Tomwe

Quote from: bernardsfingers on 27 July, 2018, 10:55:29 AM
Actually, further to this I just checked my hachette account & it's showing that issues 23 & 24 are currently being dispatched (as of 20th July) along with Premium figure 2 - which doesn't match the schedule on their website.
don't forget they missed a month in March, so it's been the right amount of time, they just didn't send the right amount of books!

Dandontdare

so they played all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order?

sintec

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 July, 2018, 01:53:30 PM

If we're going to stretch this metaphor to breaking point it was more like; "All the right notes but with the wrong timing".  Personally I haven't had anything out of order yet

Dandontdare

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 27 July, 2018, 03:00:55 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 July, 2018, 01:53:30 PM

:P  :D
/Chapeau

almost went with a more recent ref from Four Lions when the police spokesman says "Let me be clear - we did shoot the right man, but the wrong man exploded"

sintec

Vol 2 of ABC Warriors and Rogue Trooper finally arrived.  Can't wait to crack into the second half of The Black Hole.