Main Menu

Started by James, 24 March, 2003, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Zeep

So did Ravne snarf Critchley's remains then?

petemaskreplica

Capt.Zeep

thereby absorbing whatever occult energy remained in the strange shrivelled thing I take it.

paulvonscott

Art

GordonR

>So did Ravne snarf Critchley's remains then?

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Erm....no.

But we'll be seeing Critchley again.

Proudhuff

Finally read this issue on the bus this AM, had to skip 'Tales of Tellietubbiles' as it was just too embrassing to read on a crowded bus.

Who won the Pinball machine?

Middenpus
DDT did a job on me

Capt.Zeep

"We'll be seeing Critchley again"
Good stuff!  Plenty of scope for Crowleyan shenanigans a-go-go then.

Any reason why you didn't use Crowley's real name, GR, when you've namechecked Houdini, Lovecraft et al?

GordonR

>>Any reason why you didn't use Crowley's real name, GR, when you've namechecked Houdini, Lovecraft et al?

'cos the real Aleister Crowley wasn't shot to death in 1934 while performing a human sacrifice black mass in the cellar of his English country mansion.

Proudhuff

Picky,picky,picky...
DDT did a job on me

karne

Christ Gordon, you are SUCH a continuity freak ;)

judgejampot

well, this opost is massive, so i'll just add a quick thought; i like 1333, it's nice, and i like the letters page as much as the stories. ahem. yay!

Dom-2

I say Ravne Scoffed him... look at the pictures... it's obvious...

petemaskreplica

"'cos the real Aleister Crowley wasn't shot to death in 1934 while performing a human sacrifice black mass in the cellar of his English country mansion."

tsk! how inconsiderate of him ;)

Banners

Seems somewhat fatuous writing thoughts upon a comic in light of current world events, but I'm bored, so wtf.

Decent cover. Often surprised Robinson's name isn't uttered with the same reverence as his contemporaries. Surely he remains one of the definitive Dredd artists, and is perhaps also the most enduring?

Dredd- cool, but not being big on Aliens(TM) I don't get the pregnancy references. Have Joe and Sanchez been impregnated or are they hanging there as food for the babies below them about to hatch?

Cabalistics - wrapped far too quickly and was too condensed and rushed for my liking. Would like to have seen the story told in a more expanded and considered way.

VCs - thought we were back on track until the last panel. Irrespective of arguments as to what they were doing exposed to space, all those Geeks on that platform just looked like a bunch of badly twisted pipe cleaners - and ruined it.

Telguuth - continues to benefit from new artist and touches of melodrama that have been introduced. A nice read.

Atavar - excellent. There's so much imagination going on in here, the dialogue is well done and things are moving along now at a super pace. Continued kudos to Elson, but wasn't his neck unusually long on the first page..!

Ho hum, back to the war...

M@