Main Menu

Any one read Sebastian O?

Started by Oddboy, 16 August, 2004, 10:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Keeping this thread as Spoiler-free as possible...

I see that Vertigo are putting out a TPB of Morrison/Yeowell's "Sebastian O" - anyone read it?

How good is it?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Oooh. I read it, and liked it very much indeed.

Endings kind of bleh though.

johnnystress

Yeah- very good- but it feels like its an introduction to a character- kind of rushed or something- plenty of good ideas . Nice art
Get it if its not too dear

House of Usher

Yes, I read it and enjoyed it. I don't know how much I'd be prepared to pay for a trade paperback of it though. ?4.00? I seem to remember tracking down all three bits of it for about 50p each.
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

Excellent art from Steve Yeowell (as usual) and an intriguing, 'steam punk' story from Morrison. I think you can pick it up, collected, for about ?6.50, although it doesn't add much to the original series, other than a timeline from humorous Morrison. It's worth having the original covers as well, if just for the gold lame boarders and trimming on the first issue.

However, it's definitely worth reading since...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-SPOILER
The Matrix rips it off disgracefully, and it has a much better ending than the empty headed, meaningless neo-christian posturing of the Wachowski brothers.

DavidXBrunt

Liked it very much, or the first two parts that I've read. It's Morrison and Yeowell and it's ?6. How bad can it be? Even if you don't like it it'll make an interesting addition to your Zenith wev-site.

Good fun stuff and bery pretty.

Moose

remembered liking it at the time...

oh so very...well, foppish

can't remember much about it, but it looked marvellous.

therev

Bought it when it came out can't remember much about it apart from the art.

GordonR

It was one of the very first Vertigo books, iirc.

Along with Pete Milligan's Enigma, it was going to be one of the launch titles for Disney's new adult comic line, called Touchmark.  I heard a story about how Grant had to go to San Diego for the announcement about Touchmark starting up, but didn't actually have any idea what he was going to be announced as doing for the line.  Legend has it he grabbed a copy of The Difference Engine at the airport, read it on the flight over and by the time the plane landed Sebastian O was born.

How true this is, I don't know.  Touchmark never happened, and all the projects lined up for it went to the newly-created Vertigo.

Mr D

I'm intrigued. It is worth getting then?

Byron Virgo

Yes, as it only costs six quid anyway.

steev.

I can remember reading it and thinking it was
very cool,in the way Zenith was really cool.
don't think i really got all of it being 15 and a country bumpkin...i remember the covers being really great.
i 'll have to pick it up.

steve...