Started by ming, 30 October, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 November, 2013, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 24 November, 2013, 01:31:48 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 November, 2013, 04:18:41 PM
I believe McDonalds were never involved or raised too much of an eyebrow

I wonder if that would remain true if those episodes were reprinted now?

I doubt McDonald's would be bothered.

Mmmm. If anything they seem, over the years, to be more inclined to clamp down hard on any perceived infringements/negative portrayals.

Or at best - like most global corporations, lack a sense of humour for any suchlike.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 24 November, 2013, 02:21:58 PM
Mmmm. If anything they seem, over the years, to be more inclined to clamp down hard on any perceived infringements/negative portrayals.

The only legal cases I've seen McDonalds take are against the competition or companies with similar branding. If anything they are very stealthy when it comes to criticism or lampooning– they took adavantage of Super Size Me by placing an ad in the trailer pointing to a McDonalds sponsored 'debate' website and eventually turned the tables by promoting their slop as a 'healthy' alternative by adding a mass-produced anemic salad choice and snack wraps (knowing well that the vast majority of people never go to McDonalds just for the salads). McDonalds yearly revenue increased after that.

Ideally, if a newly released complete Cursed Earth collection with the banned episodes took-off, McDonalds would seize the chance to release a Burger Wars Happy Meal with plastic toys and cardboard play-background.

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 November, 2013, 02:58:38 PM
Ideally,.... McDonalds would seize the chance to release a Burger Wars Happy Meal with plastic toys and cardboard play-background.

WANT!!

smiffy

Quote from: malkymac on 24 November, 2013, 01:44:29 PM
Any idea who she is?

Toni Shilleto.

Fine cheekbones. Classical jawline. Winning smile. Well worth referencing as a photo.

Skullmo

I googled her after reading this and could not find that image.

Which means it comes from Smiffy's private collection! :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: smiffy on 24 November, 2013, 07:05:42 PM
Quote from: malkymac on 24 November, 2013, 01:44:29 PM
Any idea who she is?

Toni Shilleto.

Fine cheekbones. Classical jawline. Winning smile. Well worth referencing as a photo.

Want.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

hippynumber1

Quote from: Skullmo on 25 November, 2013, 04:04:13 PM

Yea, don't imagine you were the only one!  :lol:

Skullmo

I wonder if smiffy can upload all his pics to dropbox for us - just so that we can research any other pictures that have inspired covers!
:lol:

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 25 November, 2013, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 25 November, 2013, 04:04:13 PM

Yea, don't imagine you were the only one!  :lol:

Indeed. Found a nice one of her in a swimming pool though.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 November, 2013, 07:37:25 PM
There are changes to parody laws in the UK being talked about.

http://www.worldipreview.com/article/uk-copyright-law-a-change-for-the-better

It would be great to see an Uncut Cursed Earth, but if it's not been reprinted in the states I'm not sure what difference the new guidelines would make over here.

Isn't this why we keep Canada?

joking  :D
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 November, 2013, 07:37:25 PMThere are changes to parody laws in the UK being talked about.
Although most of this—including fair-use laws for format-shifting—have already been roundly rejected by the government, because they argue there's no case for it and it'll harm their rich chums' businesses.

Skullmo

Clearly the inspiration for Nikolai Dante!  ::)

Chris Tresson

Al's Baby:

FOX's Archer (TV Series):

...Or is it just me that sees this?

GordonR

Uhhh....

They're both referencing the same thing - the really, really famous magazine cover (was it Vanity Fair?) of a naked and heavily pregnant Demi Moore standing in that exact pose. (Sans gun, obviously...)