Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Swipe File

Started by ming, 30 October, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Fourthed, although the redhead with the tumbling locks in the original is a pretty obvious Rita Hayworth swipe:

Spikes

Is there owt that appeared in the prog that wasn't plundered from somewhere else!?!   ;)

Skullmo

Quote from: Spikes on 25 August, 2014, 05:07:48 PM
Is there owt that appeared in the prog that wasn't plundered from somewhere else!?!   ;)

Trash.
It's a joke. I was joking.

japandroid

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 August, 2014, 09:51:48 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 06 August, 2014, 05:44:02 PM

Is the artist for that painting Angus McKie?
I had thought it had been used in one of the TTA books, but on digging the books out, its not the same, but does share some similarities. (The TTA book is from '79, btw.)

TTA was famous for using images that had been around for a good few years previous, so unless it was commissioned directly for use in that issue of Omni, its kinda hard to date - well, without an artists name, etc..

I think I used to own that book... or my brother did. I really remember that picture? What's the cover if you don't mind me asking?
A personal fave and the first place I saw it.

japandroid

ming

Via the eagle eyes of Albert Hammond-Bootleg: spotted at the British Museum... Rinus Limpopop Quintz.

Great find!

:)

COMMANDO FORCES

Colin YNWA

Ha! That is fantastic. Very good spot.

Spikes

Fantastic spot, indeed.

Looking back, i'm sure i saw this (not trying to take owt away from the eagle eyed Mr Bootleg) last year in the British Museum, but it didnt fully sink in, for some reason. Though i do recall thinking "hey up....!?! Nar, it cant be..." and then moving on to the next display.

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Fungus

Brilliant spot :)

I think most of us would recognise that face but not quite be able to place it....

Bolt-01

Yeah, but were Wagner/Grant/Smith trying to imply that Rinus has been to earth, plying his wares as an onest trader in the past? And that this mode of dress was the local way of honouring his visit?

shaolin_monkey

I can't believe they copied Ron Smith!  It just goes to show what a legend he is, eh?   :D

japandroid

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws