Main Menu

AOL site users

Started by Wake, 22 October, 2004, 12:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottiepunk

I haven't received any mails from the site for over a week now! Up until then I've never experienced any problems with AOL and I've been using AOL for over 7 years!

The test didn't work for me either Wake!

Help! I miss my board e-mails!!!

Max Kon

wouldn't you rather have exciting emails than board ones? ;-)

Moose

aol is a bunch of arse and far too restrictive as an isp. i have several websites that i can run mail from provided i use an outgoing smtp provider address. aol block these as a matter of course, plus they block most of my e-mail.

aol suck...big time

luckily my webhosts let me use their smtp system or i'd never get any mail from this message board.

Bolt-01

Wake, I've just amended my Email address and I'm now back on an AOL account. Not had a password reminder sent out though.

Bolt-01

Wake

I've been in touch with the hosting company (CIHost), and it appears that AOL have blocked one of their mail servers. Hopefully they will sort it out soon. Please post to this thread if you are an AOL user and get a site email.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.isp-planet.com/hosting/2003/cihost_030829.html" target="_blank">CIHost have sued AOL before about this

Wake

It looks like php mail isn't going to be able to reach AOL members from this site in future so I've adopted a low tech solution. Registrations, password reminders and sendmails to AOL members (but not sendmail copies, or message board messages) now come to me so I can manually forward them to their correct destination (during working hours). The same is also true of the 2000AD Artwork Gallery.

Cheers,

Wake

Scottiepunk

Hey Wake, I've just received my first e-mail posting from the site since AOL started blocking it, it's the first post on thread 12473, any ideas why this has come through but no others are?

Wake

I tweaked the sendmail coding today to try and solve a similar problem for other ISPs and tried something that I think I missed when looking for a solution for AOL users = an extra parameter "-f2000adonline@2000adonline.com" in the mail command

Please can AOL users try emailing a thread to themselves to see if it works for the majority of you.

Cheers,

Wake

Conexus

Wake

Whoops. You probably got a thumbs down from the site, because I'd disabled that feature for AOL users. Please could you try again.

Cheers,

Wake

Conexus

Got  through that time okay

Scottiepunk

E-mailing threads seems to work now, cheers. But I still don't seem to be getting postings as e-mails.

Max Kon

Whay Scottys Back!! Happy new year man

Scottiepunk

Happy new year Max and everyone else. Don't know if I'll be around much, depends if Wake gets the AOL problem sorted or if I can get my life sorted out, depends which comes first!!

Dudlette

Don't know if this is the same problem, but my password isn't working: I'm having to log on as my female alter ego.  Any idea why?