Main Menu

Which Game have you completed the most times?

Started by bluemeanie, 29 June, 2011, 08:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

I suppose I should say excluding old games which had an hour or so playthough otherwise I'm back to my old fave, Rebelstar Raiders on the ZX Spectrum which I've done on the hardest level about 100+ times

For me it's actually the Wolverine game. Did the neutered and MUCH shorter version on the wii. Got the uncaged version for the pc when I upgraded my machine as I was pissed the wii version had zero violence or sentinel action and am currently half way through my 4th playthrough on that edition. Other than this one I cant think of a game of decent length I've played through more than twice. Even Batman has only had two work throughs and I'm still being precious about the Mass Effect games wanting to play through the whole trilogy once as a single story before I go back and change the plot points or characters in MY version (yeah, sad).

Greg M.

Modern ones? Fallout 3, over and over and over again. Lost count of the number of times I've gone through it, and every single time I find or see something I hadn't seen during the last dozen games.

Old school? Well, I'm with you on Rebelstar (though it's Rebelstar 2 that more frequently garners my attention these days.) But the single game I have played to death the most is definitely Chaos on the Zx Spectrum. One of the all-time greats.

chaingunchimp

think i've finished halo 3 upwards of 10 times now.
reliable fall back on nights of frustrating gaming, love that game.
For a while there i had got the point where i could finish soulreaver1 on the ps1 in around an hour and a half. Sad i know.
just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/

bluemeanie

I really need to go back to Fallout3.
Put HOURS in then my save game screwed up on me. Woulda gone back but at the time I think I'd wandered so far off script that I'd been feeling a bit lost anyway

James Stacey

I got bored in Fallout 3. I have the need to collect everything and look everywhere and it's just too big to do that so I get disheartened.

Back on topic, probably Ocarina of Time, 3 or 4 times. Oddly enough I started playing again on the Wii round the girlfriends house last night.

Satanist

SNES Link to the Past. Its just so well designed I play it every few years.

Newest game was Resi 5 as I played that about 3 or 4 times. I really dont get the hate as its much the same as 4 just a bit sunnier :)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

I rarely play a game to 100%- the end of the story mode is usually enough for me, if I even get that far.
Exceptions are Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, whcih I played to 100% and still put on the have a run around the city with (and still play online, obviously).
Lego Star Wars II is the only game I have played to 100% more than once.

Buttonman

Resident Evil 2 at least a dozen times to get all the endings, outfits weapons and stuff and Metal Gear Solid to enjoy all the lengthy cut scenes many times. Overall probably Toejam and Earl : Panic on Funkotron, man I'll need to look that one out again. Anyone got a copy and a mega Drive?

I, Cosh

With the exception of shoot-em-ups and the like, where replaying is the whole point, I very rarely replay games. Unless you need to do it again on hard to get an achievement or something stupid like that.

The only exception I can think of is the first Resident Evil which I could stick on and blast through in a couple of hours.
We never really die.

Greg M.

Actually, the one I forgot about is the original Alone In The Dark. I play that one through about once a year, just because I enjoy the story and the ambience. It's like returning to a dog-eared, well-thumbed favourite tome. Oh, and Resident Evil 4 - same reason.

JamesC

Definitely Bruce Lee on the Spectrum. In my school it wasn't so much a question of could you complete the game but how many times had you completed it in a single sitting. Easiest end of game boss ever!

Other than that it's probably Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. I've saved the galaxy a few times on that - escaping from the second Death Star is a sod though!

Mudcrab

Most played would be Oblivion (600 hours), although only "completed" it once. Never got into Fallout, every time I got into a fight I was all like "Where the hell is my sword?".

Most times finished would probably be Portal. Manic Miner might count but that would be "almost finished" a million times.

Currently on 2nd run through Mass Effect. Got the second one but can't stop the first one. I guess I'm just an achievement whore  :D

Another finished several times (with all the different characters) would be Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 on the PS2. Best game (like that) ever, fuck all that popular girly skateboard crap.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

mogzilla

resident evil 1,2,3 and 4!

fallout 3 completed four plays

special mention to "dredd vs death" tho it was mainly the hospital ,malland bank levels i played to death!

mygrimmbrother

Resident Evil 1 (but the gamecube remake, never could finish the original PS1), 2, 3, Code Veronica & 4. With the exception of 5 (and all the gun survivor spin offs), the greatest video game franchise ever. If only we could say the same about the movies!

Dandontdare

I don't think I've ever finished a game as I'm crap at them. I always reach a sticking point and get frustrated so give up. The Civilization games don't count as they don't have a story-progression as such.

Oh wait, I did finish Quake III a couple of times (on the easy setting, natch!)