Main Menu

Your Comments Please

Started by Si Logan, 12 October, 2004, 01:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Si Logan

Message from Simon Penter....

Hi.
I have just posted a 4 page Dredd strip in the fan input section.

It was written by  a friend of mine and I've been drawing it in what spare time I have had over the last month.  

I would really like to hear any comments you may have on it.

Thanks for your time!
Simon.

Ps. The reduced size of the pages appears to have made the text a little less clear than it is on the original- my apologies.
Pps. I would have put a link in....but I'm not sure how!

Bico

Nice.  I also liked the gratuitous tight arse in the panel on page 3.  An artist has to amuse himself in some way, I suppose.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=input&page=thrillviewer&choice=livelong" target="_blank">Live long but don't.

Si Logan

Thanks for putting the link in for me!

And thanks for the comments - it was purely accidental, of course, that she was caught at that angle.

Anyway, it was in the script.....(ish).

Conexus

Really like the art, the noseless dredd is destinctive, and the script is great too :)  

Darren Stephens

One of the best fan produced strips ive seen. Keep it coming.
Darren.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Qmoq

Hi there, I'm the author of the strip, and I'll join Simon in thanking you for the feedback. Incidentally, as it's my first script, I now have much more respect for the professional art droids! It took me about an hour to write (including spell-checking) and Si worked flat out for the best part of a month to draw it!

But I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, it did give me a thrill. All the credit should go to Si though.

Floyd-the-k

terrific stuff. Nice story, very well written. I would have made Dredd`s last line more terse though.
  The art was good too. I`m not an expert, so I`m never sure what to say about art, but I`d be happy to see it in a prog.

Dudley

Superb.  If only all fanstrips were done this way...

Wake

The reduced size of the pages appears to have made the text a little less clear than it is on the original

Yes, sorry about that. I usually limit images to 650 pixels wide, but if that really doesn't work then 775 is the next limit up.

Wake

Max Kon

Floyd-the-k

quite so Max. Far from gratuitous, for mine.
  I didn`t notice Dredd being noseless. He`s noseless a fair bit of the time isn`t he?

anyway, great story, well done the two of you.

Si Logan

No probs about the resolution Wake - I was having problems with it myself when I scanned the pages in.  
As there was more text in this strip than my previous effort (Sphere....showing on a fan input page near you!) I had to reduce the size of the text.  
The text is now roughly the same size as it appears in the weekly prog (it was a bit big in Sphere).

Thanks again for the comments.

I guess Booty was named appropriately!

Bolt-01

The script was really good, capturing a lot of the tone of Dredd.

I liked the way the resolution came about because Dredd was talking to himself.

As for the art, you have a real 'old-school' look to your linework, and the pages flow well.

Nice stuff, whats next?

Bolt-01

Dunk!

Great.

One of the most professional looking offerings I've seen.

Keep up the good work.

I'd Love to see more from both writer and artist.

Tulkas.

"Trust we"

johnnystress

I agree ! great stuff, really 'finished' looking- i foresee great things for the pair of ya :)