Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Unbe-fecking-lievable. I'm swapping identically sized cupboard doors from one bedroom to the other because we want to get rid of the louvred ones andreplace them with the ones we plywood covered and painted over several years back.

And two, just two of the fourteen doors don't match. One is an inch bigger than the other.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Watching 47 Ronin with my son and he looked at a scene with a severed head and asked: "Is that a real head?"

Kids are great.

Tiplodocus

Google the real 47 Ronin story; I reckon it would have made for a better movie.

But yeah, kids are great and endlessly fascinating.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Recently sat down with my little brother and and he watched Jurassic Park for the first time. He genuinely flinched when Sam Jacksons severed arm poped up and was baffled at how a prosthetic could look, in the eyes of a 10 year old, so realistic.

Dandontdare

When the name "Al... Tatlock flashed past in  the Stranger Things credits i did a double-take - was this really written by a flat-capped Northern pensioner (who's dead)(and fictional)?

Back in the day, such a conundrum would involve waiting until the exact right second the following week to check the credits (at which moment, your brother would punch you to make you miss it), Nowadays we have Google .... sadly it was Alison, not Albert.

Frank

We live in a world where this conversation can happen, yet 2000ad sells fewer copies than What Caravan.

TordelBack

Typical of the populist guff i'd expect from a Which Motorhome? subscriber.

Also  :o

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 20 May, 2018, 09:18:29 AM
We live in a world where this conversation can happen, yet 2000ad sells fewer copies than What Caravan.

Quality, not quality!
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Don't think much of that Future Shock twist.

Hawkmumbler

I think he jumped the Gunn there....

JayzusB.Christ

I've been thinking way too much about the following recently:

Did the whole idea of tumbleweeds for badly-received jokes originate with Vic and Bob on Shooting Stars? Or did they get the idea from the phrase?

Everyone must listen to Bob's Athletico Mince podcast. I have no interest in football and I still love it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

Hello forum...? After long break from it.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Yay, Goaty! I hope you've been using this time to build up a warchest of SillyWorld to unleash at opportune moments...

Dandontdare

Hi Goaty - how's the big smoke treating you?