Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Thanks, IP.  I just uploaded the build file from Stud.io into a Wants List in Bricklink and that did the trick.  Ordered most of the parts in the list from a local seller so I'll see what's left over (hopefully we have it all lying around).  I can post up a pick of the design but might just wait until I can do a side-by-side with the final physical build.

ming

Rot you, Alpha.

Design & Render

Order & Build

Pretty happy with Stix. By using Stud.io for the design, and then ordering the parts via Bricklink*, this definitely turned out better than if I'd just worked from what we had lying around (the hat in particular).  Anyway, I have the Stud.io file for him if anyone wants a copy - I'll spend some time recreating the other figures in Stud.io when I have time and make those available as well (there will be a few tweaks along the way if I figure out things I can improve / can't do in Stud.io).

I have another character on the go at the mo, plus a couple more in mind for whenever I get the time.

* Nearly all of them from one local seller; made some minor tweaks for a few bits they didn't have.

Woolly

This thread just gets better and better!  :o

*edit*
Just thought... shouldn't Mean have a grey, robotic ear on the left?

ming

Quote from: Woolly on 01 November, 2017, 06:15:58 PM
This thread just gets better and better!  :o

*edit*
Just thought... shouldn't Mean have a grey, robotic ear on the left?

Thanks, Woolly - I'm getting a bit better at knowing how to do these I think.

As for the ear, McMahon draws Mean with two fleshy ears so that's my original reference; don't think there's much consistency among artists though.

Woolly

Quote from: ming on 01 November, 2017, 07:42:38 PM
McMahon draws Mean with two fleshy ears so that's my original reference..

That's good enough for me!  :thumbsup:

Long may this thread continue!

antodonnell

Those Strontium Dog BrickHeadz style builds are awesome Ming .

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: ming on 01 November, 2017, 10:32:14 AM
Rot you, Alpha.

Brilliant, Ming!  I love me some Stix brothers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 November, 2017, 10:19:28 PMBrilliant, Ming!  I love me some Stix brothers.

I was soooo tempted to order the parts for two of them...  :lol:

I've got a couple more figures pretty much ready now; parts for one are on the way and I can't wait to put it together.  The other one is a bit stupid in some ways but might be fun - it just came out of a 'hang on, what if I do that?' Moment.  A couple more ideas are bubbling away in the back of my braincase.

I'm happy to post some work-in-progress stuff on here but maybe I should just stick to the finished versions?

James

I've also made a Brickheadz style Dredd, with some custom stickers for the helmet details.

James

And I've been reworking my Lawmaster. I'll take some better pics soon and upload them.

ming

Quote from: James on 11 November, 2017, 11:56:47 PM
I've also made a Brickheadz style Dredd, with some custom stickers for the helmet details.

Looking good, James!  The one area that the official Brickheadz figures have a big advantage is the plates and bricks printed with details that are otherwise impossible to capture.  Self-made stickers are a decent compromise but up to now I've avoided them apart from the biochips on Rogue.  I thought about adding some visor lightning flashes for Dredd but decided against it.

Anyway, great stuff - always a treat to see more 2000AD Lego!

James

Deffo. I hadn't looked in here for a while and thought I'd post my Brickheadz Dredd, then saw your prolific output on them-do you've a load of those double height studs on side bricks?

ming

Quote from: James on 12 November, 2017, 11:49:23 AM
Deffo. I hadn't looked in here for a while and thought I'd post my Brickheadz Dredd, then saw your prolific output on them-do you've a load of those double height studs on side bricks?

Yeah, luckily the boys have quite a few Brickheadz figures and were happy to share those particular bricks, then I ordered a bunch more via Bricklink as they make life a LOT easier when putting these characters together.  Usually I just work with whatever bricks we have available at home (haggling with the boys along the way) but since we all seem to want to keep the 2000AD characters I've made I started using Stud.io to build the figures then do a custom order for the parts needed - it's fairer on the boys that way.

Waiting for the parts for one more character now and will probably order the parts for two more this week - having too much fun doing these to stop now.  Will show the designs and the finished builds when they're ready, I guess, although I'm happy to show rendered images from Syud.io like the one I put up for Stix...

ming

Sneck you and the mork you rode in on, etc.  :)