Main Menu

Blade Runner 2

Started by Goaty, 27 February, 2015, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

You're on the internet browsing through YouTube when all of a sudden you look down, and you see a mini-movie, apparently connected to an upcoming blockbuster. You reach down, and click on the thumbnail. The video sits open in your browser, its slick visuals and spoilerific insights flicking past,  deperately trying to increase its social media profile.

But it can't, not without your 'likes'.

But you're not watching.

Why is that?

The Legendary Shark

What do you mean, "I'm not watching"?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JLC

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 August, 2017, 01:38:41 PM
I'm not watching either. Blade Runner is overrated.

SIP

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JLC on 01 September, 2017, 01:03:52 PM

Blade Runner is overrated.

Do you make up these opinions, Mr. JLC, or do they write them down for you?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Pyroxian

I'd much rather studios did small prequel-stories as trailers rather than a big spoileriffic trailer containing all the film's best bits.

TordelBack

Quote from: JLC on 01 September, 2017, 01:03:52 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 August, 2017, 01:38:41 PM
I'm not watching either. Blade Runner is overrated.

Describe in single words, only the good things that come into your mind about Blade Runner.

The Legendary Shark

Blade Runner? Let me tell you about Blade Runner...

B'dam!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Pyroxian on 01 September, 2017, 02:50:19 PM
I'd much rather studios did small prequel-stories as trailers rather than a big spoileriffic trailer containing all the film's best bits.

The problem I have with that approach is they can be just as spoilery by revealing information you're not supposed to have going in - the Alien Covenant* prequel short for example showed you [spoiler]the events of David arriving at the planet, and watching the movie it's pretty clear that's supposed to be a reveal late-on, when it's then told in flashback and people realize what he's done. All the mystery of what happened on the planet was out the window because we'd seen it already, and any shock that those later reveals might have had were negated massively.[/spoiler]

*I can already hear the 'yeah but Alien Covenant is crap' responses, whether it is or isn't doesn't change the fact the prequel was a spoiler!

JOE SOAP

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 September, 2017, 04:55:23 AM

'Blade Runner 2049' First Clip — "Bigger Than You"

The brief view of the decaying buildings outside reminded me more of the 'Kipple' PKD referred to in his book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  Interesting, [spoiler]some slave factory or Junk Industry where orphans/clones work till they die/get sold on perhaps?[/spoiler] Liked the broken down look of it and the stammered warning that Ryan Goslings Cop was messing with things 'bigger' than himself.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

von Boom

Goaty

It getting great reviews! As not been to cinema this year so this film a must be!

SIP

I'm stupidly excited about it. Tickets already booked for opening night. Watching the original in 4k tonight 😊

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Goaty on 29 September, 2017, 02:17:01 PM
It getting great reviews! As not been to cinema this year so this film a must be!

I've visited the cinema 26 times this year and I'm looking forward to this.
Flatliners will be my 27th visit in 2017 tomorrow.